Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Philips series 1 Tivo - can't see it on the network

That's correct. The TiVo and the PC must be on the same subnet to talk to each other. In your case this means that the TiVo and the PC must both have the same first three numbers in their IP address. Since you can't change the TiVo to 192.168.1.20 (same subnet as PC), you will have to change the PC address to 192.168.0.x.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Thanks John.

The router (a Thomson Speedtouch) was initially set to 192.168.1.x. with the subnet set to 255.255.255.0

This is a tricky little router which is buggy. I can't change the router subnet mask by logging in, due a known bug. Instead I have to down the config file, open in text edit / note pad and find and replace the 192.168.1 with 0. Then replace it with the original file (.ini). This does work, but at the moment I have the router set to 192.168.1.x and 192.168.0.x - which I suspect I need to delete the 1.x so it runs just off of 0.x.

I'll give this a go.

Is there a way of finding the subnet mask on the Tivo?

BTW - Tivo is at my in-laws place, so I'm only getting the chance to work on it when I get up there at weekends.

Thanks for your help so far.

Update on my Philips series 1.

Turns out the router my inlaws is using has a bug which makes it difficult to change the IP address of from 192.168.1.x > 192.168.0.x.

So I managed to bring it back to my place. I changed my router IP range and picked up the Tivo on 192.168.0.20. I then changed the address to within range of my network, then restarted the Tivo and set the router back to 192.168.1.x. Hey presto! Able to see the Tivo on the network. Changed to guided set up and we're away. Also managed to get the latest version of Tivo Web Plus running. Now just need to plug it in to my in-laws home network and hope she works.