Thread: $50 rebate: How is the delivery of the promotional $50 arranged??

$50 rebate: How is the delivery of the promotional $50 arranged??

New owner of a Tivo and there is a current promotion of $100 worth of movie downloads which I don't want or $50 cash rebate by redemption.

However I can't see anywhere on the Tivo site that indicates how to get the $50 rebate.....has anyone made a claim or is it just sent as a cheque or what??

To respond to my own post I believe it's only after you sign up for CASPA and hand over your Credit Card details that you can claim the $50 rebate...which actually means TIVO get to buy your Credit Card details for $50.....What the...........????

BUT...how would someone that hasn't a Credit Card or doesn't want to disclose the details on the net get the $50 rebate.

I don't recall seeing any mention of this requirement in the store when I purchased the TIVO.
    Last edited by Bille; 20-12-2010 at 07:14 PM.

I guess they must have the same attitude as a lot of hotels; if you don't have a credit card to make a booking, they don't want your business. Having just gotten rid of our credit card, such businesses do annoy me.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

They are offering the redemption in return for you signing up to caspa and hoping you will use it. the terms of the offer are on the website.

I understand not wanting a credit card, but why not have a visa or mastercard debit card. just transfer enough for your purchase to it no hassles.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    They are offering the redemption in return for you signing up to caspa and hoping you will use it. the terms of the offer are on the website.

I understand not wanting a credit card, but why not have a visa or mastercard debit card. just transfer enough for your purchase to it no hassles.

Peter.
    Thanks petestrash.

It would certainly be a "Hassle" to anyone who has divested themselves of their cards.

Well they can't expect purchasers wandering through a retailer casually looking at a variety of products (TV, DVD, Blue Ray, sound systems, phones, software etc. etc..) to rush back and forth to their computer or carry a laptop and check every manufacturers product that's on the floor website to see if they are really being offered what appears to be offered.

These types of promotions are aimed directly at buyers who might just buy on impulse....I think I will go to a store selling Tivo and check the wording of the offer....A mobile phone with a camera can be a powerful ally at times but it shouldn't come to this.

I've bought "'stuff" and claimed redemptions before but never had to give my Credit Card details to a web site to do so.
    Last edited by Bille; 21-12-2010 at 05:35 PM.

I am not aware of what the in store promotional material says. The website is quite clear for people purchasing from there.

It is a Caspa promotion not technically a TiVo one (though they are the same company). So you need to register for Caspa to get the money from Caspa.

I understand what you mean though.

You said you were going to check the store promo's before your edited your post. did you check in store?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    I am not aware of what the in store promotional material says. The website is quite clear for people purchasing from there.

It is a Caspa promotion not technically a TiVo one (though they are the same company). So you need to register for Caspa to get the money from Caspa.

I understand what you mean though.

You said you were going to check the store promo's before your edited your post. did you check in store?

Peter.
    Ok I'm back been and have had a look in the store ( Myer).......The in store blurb is that the redemption is that after you open a 'Wallet' you can then access the redemption form BUT!! there is no mention of having to hand over your Credit Card details which in effect EXCLUDES purchasers who do not have a Credit Card and there is no mention of this in store....And Tivo may be breaking the Consumer Fair Trading laws.

If a person had factored the $50 into their budget when buying they will now be $50 out in their budget.

I also asked the question of Tivo Support on Monday 21 December 2010 but no reply as yet.
    Last edited by Bille; 24-12-2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Added to post.

Fair enough.