Thread: Tivo SUGGESTIONS stopped working, cant get it back!

Tivo SUGGESTIONS stopped working, cant get it back!

Hi guys, i bought one of the first tivos , so know what to do in most circumstances.

A month ago, i bought the new 320 tivo, and had it working perfectly, It recorded about 70 shows as tivo suggestions, and they were about70 in the recently deleted lot

Then, all of a sudden, no more shows were done in tivo suggestions. I obviously made sure that tivo suggestions were on, tried a restart or two, but nothing worked.

I thought maybe the drive was full, so i moved all the tivo suggestions to the recently deleted. I then had about 130 shows in the recently deleted. I deleted them permanently, tried another restart, etc.

BUT I STILL CANT GET ANY TIVO SUGGESTIONS TO TAPE

Any ideas as to what may be going on?

Everything else seems fine

ps i havent got another drive/network etc, just a real australian tivo!

Have you been ranking shows with thumbs?

Does the scheduled suggestions list have any entries in it?

Peter

PS I have moved this thread to the TiVo HD section.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Have been ranking shows with thumb,

WHat is the scheduled suggestion list and where is it located? is this the tivo suggestions on the find programs menu?

In the last week, there have only been 13 tivo suggestions taped (previously it was something like 30 or 40 a day!) and almost all of these 13 have been taped elsewhere !(i taped all the comedy shows, and most of the tivo suggestions are already in this list)

WHen i look at my to do list, it is pretty much all my season passses and wish lists plus comedy shows.

Originally, tivo would almost be constantly taping something or other!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpaul View Post
    WHat is the scheduled suggestion list and where is it located? is this the tivo suggestions on the find programs menu?
    Yes, this shows suggestions that are likely to be taped. you can also use thumbs here to like or unlike the suggestions.

In the last week, there have only been 13 tivo suggestions taped (previously it was something like 30 or 40 a day!) and almost all of these 13 have been taped elsewhere !(i taped all the comedy shows, and most of the tivo suggestions are already in this list)
    When Tivo is new it is very aggressive in taping suggestions, it tapes anything and everything until you start rating shows. As it gets more settled and learns your likes, it really only tapes things that it thinks you will like. Also it seems to tape less suggestions when you have a quite a few shows already in now playing.

WHen i look at my to do list, it is pretty much all my season passses and wish lists plus comedy shows.
    The todo list does not show what suggestions will be recorded.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!