Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: extremely unhappy Tivo owner here....

Persevere with support, stay on the phone until you get to someone who can sort it, my fix and replacement took nearly 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by finethen View Post
    Persevere with support, stay on the phone until you get to someone who can sort it, my fix and replacement took nearly 3 months
    We still do not know if this is a TiVo or reception issue.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

are there any indoor antennas that are actually worth owning ?

might be worth a try to eliminate the multiple user antenna that the block has ?

Jason

I have tried a few for my parents who also live in a unit, and have not had any success.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

finally after my last email to hybrid (in which i threatened them with going to fair trading over their lack of support)
    they have answered me. (only took about 3 months and numerous emails)

i have a few more hoops to jump through before they will consider a replacement.

but at least they answered....

ill keep this thread updated and see what (if anything) happens.

Jason

My Tivo has started doing this in the last 3-4 weeks. Basically I 'catch' the Tivo showing the same channel on both Tuners - one of the Tuners however just shows scrambled video/audio.

I thought it was a software bug. Does'nt Tivo normally stop both Tuners from going to the same channel. I know when watching LiveTv - if Tuner 0 is on Channel 7 and I try to change Tuner 1 to Channel 7 it doesnt change Tuner 1 - it just switches me back to Tuner 0. However when I have a scheduled recording it seems to allow both Tuners on the same channel.

It normally wouldnt bother me however sometimes it records the show with the 'scrambled' Tuner. Very annoying when the wife wants to watch the final Beauty and the Geek only to find the show is a scrambled recording.

I've contacted Tivo support with no joy. Almost two weeks now and I've only had one response from them asking for all the Tuner details. Still havnt heard back after sending them that info.

I'm not going to recommend Tivo to anyone any more and for the Family room TV I think I'll be looking at alternative devices.

Ta Shaun

Try letting it auto tune again or manually remove the dodgy channel.

ok, im starting to track down the issue.

it seems as if one of the tuners in my tivo is faulty.
    i have jumped through all of the hoops that hybrid have asked me to do.

IE: isolation tests, clear and delete, reboot with no antenna connected (dunno how this is supposed to work).

in my testing, i can see that the tuner is getting worse too.

if i tune the bad tuner to a station that it has trouble with (there are many) then i tune the 2nd tuner to the same station, it has no problems on the 2nd tuner.

so im leaning more and more towards a faulty tuner.one of the tuners has zero problems, the other has heaps of trouble trying to gain signal lock.
    tonight (for the first time) it actually wouldn't even tune in to some stations at all, and said something like "problem with the signal on this antenna channel, trying again"

first time i have seen that one, and once again the 2nd tuner had no problems with the same station.

my 12 month warranty is now over (due to hybrid taking 3 months to answer my many emails)
    i first contacted them 1 month before the warranty expired, so hopefully they take that into consideration.

if not, ill take the matter up with fair trading.

fingers crossed i don't have to do that though.

ill keep this thread updated with what they do next.

Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by 85turbo View Post
    my 12 month warranty is now over (due to hybrid taking 3 months to answer my many emails)
    i first contacted them 1 month before the warranty expired, so hopefully they take that into consideration.
    They bloody well should. Make sure you have ALL your correspondence, dates, etc filed away. If it gets messy then you have all the evidence you need to make a very valid claim that the unit went faulty within the warranty period.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

it looks like i have finally got a result with Hybrid.

got an email from them today, and they have finally agreed to replace my unit with a new one.

i assume it won't actually be a new unit, (probably a refurbished one) as mine is one of the early 160GB units.
    i don't really care, as long as the new one works properly.

ill update here once i get the new unit, and see it working as expected.

thanks to all here for the suggestions, and listening to my rants !

Jason.