Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dud TiVo box . . . Telecom and Caspa run around on replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dud TiVo box . . . Telecom and Caspa run around on replacement

Anyone else had problems getting sorted? Telecom promise replacement boxes if something goes wrong. What they don't tell you prior to purchase, is that you have to deal with Caspa in Australia. Friday, we were told to email reference number and details to Caspa in Australia, and after acknowledgement from Caspa, we would receive a replacement box within 3 or 4 days. We are now almost a week later, and still have had no acknowledgement from Caspa. Telecom continue to pass the buck, and although they have TiVo boxes in-store "it is not their policy" to swap faulty ones out. No one can get hold of anyone sensible in Australia to talk to, to get a response. Anyone had a problem like this and able to resolve it?

Yes, at least one persone has returned theirs to a Telecom store for a replacement
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....rience&post=15
    I presume you mean Hybrid TV Services, not Caspa which is the video-on-demand service offered by Hybrid in NZ and Aus

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Yeah, I mean for Freeview services. Don't use the ondemand Caspa movies

. . . Telecom keep telling us its Caspa in Australia that need to sort it out.

They refuse to allow us to swap the box at the Telecom store where we purchased it. We've emailed them again, citing the Consumer Guarantees Act, which states that our purchase from them, means that our contract is with them, and that its their responsibility to resolve this not keep fobbing us off to Caspa.

I'm in NZ

I would package the TiVo up in it's original box with all the accessories, and physically take it back to the same store where you purchased it. If they tell you to call/email the support number tell them you have done that several times in the last few weeks, and you want a box that works (or your money back)...now.

can you PM me with your contact details, reference number, what is wrong with the TiVo, who you have spoken to and any other details. I'll see if I can do anything.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Any luck yet Peter?

Thanks

Thanks Pete. Not sure if your assistance gave us this result, but my husband managed to get a replacement TiVo unit at our local branch today. Thanks so much for your assistance.

We've got through the set up here again with the new unit, and got beautiful pictures. Lovely.

However, now we have an issue with audio. We are using component video cables connected them all up correctly as per diagram, with the yellow plug NOT connected as per instructions.

No sound. None.

What are we doing wrong?

Help!

I have forwarded on your details, and this is what I have received back.

Hi Peter,

We’ve looked into the case history and the customer has reported poor reception.

The customer’s current address comes up with “likely with high aerial”, and the customer has advised that he just has a regular aerial, not up high.

The customer has also advised that he is moving to a different address where the Freeview|HD coverage shows as “very likely”, and advised that he would report back to us once he has relocated.

I hope this is of help but please feel free to let me know if there is any misunderstanding
    So as far as they are concerned they appear to be waiting for you to move house and see if the problem remains.

It is true that a twin tuner TiVo requires a better signal than a single tuner TV or STB. so if your signal quality (not strength) is marginal it may not always work with your current setup. it could be a simple as a bird has done a little damage to your aerial which was enough to push a marginal signal to no signal (on TiVo). With digital once you reach that point signal disappears, there is no in between.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

High aerial

Hi, and thanks for all of your help. I'm afraid they have twisted this. WE DO have a high aerial, we did tests on reception on very first day of reporting faults to Telecom. I even went and (humoured them) got indoor bunny ears. We repeatedly did aerial tests, picture without TIVO was Ok, we still watching tv direct from aerial. TIVO and reception was great for 6 weeks?
    Oz said they were not preared to do anything until we have moved, and performed all tests. Jason in NZ was aghast at this, and immediately offered to cancel our TIVO, as he thought they were being unreasonable. I firmly beleive he has been messed around by Oz couterparts. It due to be collected tomorrow, but of course I will try, as essentially, we want a TIVO service.
    Thanks again for all your help. Much appreciated. Onward with start of move today! ;o>
    Dave

Just curious do you have a Digital TV, and why not wait a couple of days till you move before getting the TiVo collected?

Peter.