Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tivo hd fails to record audio on occasion

tivo hd fails to record audio on occasion

on top of my other recent issue with the tivo, now it seems to be failing to always record audio.

it has (on more then one occasion) failed to record any audio.
    2 or three times now, it has recorded the correct show, but with no audio.

it's happened to different channels. both SD and HD.

im beginning to regret my purchase of this thing.

my old Topfield never had half of these issues.....

any ideas ?

Jason.

I have used to have this issue too. a reboot fixeds it for me.
    I have two tivos and it only effects the one with the external HDD. do you have a external HDD ?

Charles

didnt have an external hdd until a few days ago, but this audio issue has been happening for some time before that too.

i bought the external hdd just this last week.

Jason

We have had this problem intermittently as well - the most recent being last night. The problem is that it seems to fix itself when you change the channel. I don't know if it is one of the tuners that is starting to flake out or what. It wasn't the television signal, because the other tuner had kicked in to record the next program and it had audio.

No external HDD

Darryl.

i have just realised that it seems to happen only when one tuner is busy recording, and the 2nd tuner kicks in to record.
    it doesn't do it all the time either. the most recent occurrence was last night. trying to record talkin' bout your generation.

perfect video, just zero audio.

Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by 85turbo View Post
    i have just realised that it seems to happen only when one tuner is busy recording, and the 2nd tuner kicks in to record.
    it doesn't do it all the time either. the most recent occurrence was last night. trying to record talkin' bout your generation.

perfect video, just zero audio.

Jason.
    Exactly the same show that happened to us on Sunday. The other tuner kicked in to record Offspring. Sound was fine on it but the sound cut out on the end of talkin' bout your generation. It also occurred for Married Single Other later that night and then Good News Week had the problem last night. Is there a problem with how TiVo treats the decoding from Ten?

Darryl.

mine recorded good news week fine. no issues there.

im trying to remember if has only been shows on ten, but i don't think so.

Jason

I've also been experiencing this issue. Out of curiosity...how old are your TiVos? Ours is over 2 years old now but because I bought the extended warranty from Harvey Norman when I purchased it, I'm sending it back for repair/replacement. It has also been turning itself off indescriminately which is very frustrating in the middle of a recording.

mines about 10 months old now.

built in obsolescence i say...

it will die one day past he 12 month warranty period. (no extended warranty here)

In that case, I would suggest sending it back to TiVo for repair. Inconvenient, I know, but I'd do it before your warranty expires. Preferably, if you can, make sure you have an example of a show with audio issues on it.