Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tasmanian TV Guide Issues.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tasmanian TV Guide Issues.

Hi All,
    I have a TiVo and I have never been able to get an EPG for SCTV Channel 60 Southern Cross HD in Northern Tasmania PostCode 7253.
    I have been in contact with TiVo support who have not been able to confirm or deny whether there is an EPG available for this channel in Northern Tasmania.

Does anyone know if there is an EPG for SCTV Channel 60 HD in Northern Tas?

Ports, postcode, modem/s, router, firewall, ISP connection, HNP x2, Caspa, channels deleted, scanned and rebooted = all OK
    I have just setup my TiVo again with the Launceston postcode 7250 and still no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.
    _The more I learn, the less I know_

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/ shows the EPG for Northern Tasmania, which shows one SCTV station.

Does SCTV SD and SCTV HD show the same schedule?

Do you have EPG for SCTV SD, and is just a matter of getting it copied across SCTV HD?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have the same issue as FlashmanAB, but in Southern Tas 7008
    SC SD and HD do have the exact same scheduling, with the EPG only showing for SD. The HD EPG is only in standard SCTV 4hr blocks
    This is something SC and Hybrid need to look at isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Does SCTV SD and SCTV HD show the same schedule?
    Do you have EPG for SCTV SD, and is just a matter of getting it copied across SCTV HD?
    Peter.

Breaking News: Some of the HD slots are now filled with program information, late night and early morning are still the same

Quote Originally Posted by Coops1 View Post
    I have the same issue as FlashmanAB, but in Southern Tas 7008

I can't believe it. You're right Coops1. SCTV HD now has EPG from sometime tomorrow morning. I can't find any gaps where there is no EPG apart from one bit 'to be announced'
    I think Hybrid must have checked out the problem and fixed it.
    Cudos to them. Thanks for listening.
    And thanks for all the responses everyone.

This is curious. Hybrid just rang to say that they can't help with the issue??? "...ports...router...EPG...ACMA..."
    I mentioned that the 2-year old problem has just been fixed - today. Someone has flicked a switch. Massive conincidence. They couldn't explain it ...
    If someone has changed something, could they 'fess up and receive some praise.

I sent a message yesterday, but did not expect it to actioned until Monday.

Glad it's sorted out.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Awesome Peter
    I think all Tasmanians owe you a couple of beers!
    Did you contact Hybrid or SCTV? Could you explain how it works and why it possibly was not working? (Or point to an FAQ link)
    Thanks again

I contacted Hybrid, their EPG is produced by HWW who are pretty much the only supplier of FTA data these days.

I have not heard back, but assume SCTV HD was missing from their datastream for Tasmania. Even the yahoo7 TV guide does not have any Northern Tasmanian listings and the Hobart listing does not include SCTV.

I have also moved these posts to the correct forum, as it relates to TiVo HD and not the OzTiVo Guide.

Peter.

SBS Viceland has moved from ch 32 to ch 31 which is blank in the TV guide. so now I can't auto record. can anyone help me??