Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NZ TiVo Newbie? Start Here...

NZ TiVo Newbie? Start Here...

Start here at the NZ Tivo wiki

http://www.nztivo.net/index.php/Welcome_to_NZTivo

NOTE THAT THE RECOMMENDED PROCESS IS NOW:-

1. download the NZ images which are customised for the nztivo system.

2. install against the emulator; all relevant settings are in the nz images.
    Last edited by jaidev; 12-08-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Links not working?

I'm a newbie, thought I should start here. The links above don't appear be working?

Wondering what I need to buy in order to get Tivo up and running. I'm on Saturn Cable.

sorry my domain name has gone walkabout for a while. Hoping to have it resolved very shortly. The site is still up tho...

http://216.58.174.222/tjvinfo/geek.aspx

Thanks

Shell scripts - First Post

Hi All,
    I'm a new Tivo user in Akl. I got my Tivo this morning after following all the info on the OZtivo website, then I finally found the NZtivo website AFTER I had done all the setup.
    I have been going through the HOWTO, and I have successfully removed all the OZ channels and added Sky digital. I have it controlling the sky box great etc.
    BUT
    I had to pull apart the add-all-Sky-channels txt and run the commands with out the shell bit as it reported unexpected end of file.
    THEN
    I can't run LOADGUIDE or any other shell script downloaded from NZtivo. I can't even load the slice manually, I get an error on line 20.
    I did have an issue adding C4, and tried to re-run just that channel add, so perhaps this is the prob.
    It still doesn't answer the problem about the shell scripts not running... any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

dude u should be using the emulator not the manual setup.
    Read Ed's thread on setting up the emulator. Just need to modify a couple of lines and your set, channels will be setup for you automagically.

apologies if the information isn't particularly clear.

Emulater

Yeah, I was going to do this next time round when the new hdd arrives (start from scratch). I'm really happy with what I've got so far (all the Sky channels, but no guideinfo).

So I start with the image, and then telnet in before doing anything with the oztivo guided setup...?

Cheers

Aha!

Okay, I re-ran guided setup as per Ed's instructions, worked a treat, now have guide data.
    However, still can't run scripts... ? weird.
    Happy for now.

Tim, I tried sending you a private message, as your email doesn't work with the .info site being down.
    I would like to help out in anyway I can with the NZ efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by fixxer37
    Okay, I re-ran guided setup as per Ed's instructions, worked a treat, now have guide data.
    However, still can't run scripts... ? weird.
    Happy for now.

Tim, I tried sending you a private message, as your email doesn't work with the .info site being down.
    I would like to help out in anyway I can with the NZ efforts...
    Hey, do you have guide data for UKTV? I've been wanting someone to do a fresh install so I can find out if the current headend slice is working right, so it sounds like maybe you can help me out here... Also I'd be curious to know if you have the NoNag channel at 99... Thanks, and welcome to the forums.

Emulator is running sweet

Hey,

Yes and yes. I have now done the emulator install 3 times today. And I can confirm UKTV listings, and NoNag on 99.
    Once I had it all going, I decided to do it agian, replacing cables with S-Video. However, I was appalled ad the quality/oversaturation (it was grainy too) which did not go away even after the palmod.conf as per tjv.info. So I did it again with Composite from Sky to Tivo and S-video to my TV.
    All is crystal!
    I noticed on one of the installs, the timezoneadj30 worked fine for timezone 2113, but not this latest time. However, the clock is correct so far. I have done the Pacific/Auckland mod prior to trying it too.
    Why does the timezones file have Auckland as 0800 instead of 2113?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with..