Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extend Recordings Broken

Extend Recordings Broken

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed a problem with automatic recording extension? For the past couple of weeks, both of my Tivos have been extending for only one minute instead of ten, causing me to miss the ends of several programs before I worked out what was happening. It's a nuisance to have to manually extend every recording to get the whole thing.

I tried emailing Tivo support, but so far I've received responses suggesting I turn on extensions (duh!), rescan channels, and "Clear and Delete everything", none of which seem to have any bearing on the problem. It seems to me that they've stuffed up a software change and broken the feature. Maybe if a bunch of people complain, they might do something!

Ned Snow

I have not had any issues like you describe.

When you set a recording to extend automatically, do you see the +10 shown?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

When you set a recording to extend automatically, do you see the +10 shown?
    What I see depends on the channel. I did a test on 30/5 and got the following results:

Channel 2: +1
    Channel 3: +5
    Channel 7: +1
    Channel 9: +10
    Channel 10: +1

I did it again on 31/5, and got the same result, except for channel 7 which showed +10

Both of my Tivos show the same thing. I'll try the test again tonight.

I don't know what state you are in, but I'm in WA and not seeing the same as you.

Things like this are set for individual stations, so may only be an issue in your area.

If was a statewide issue, I would have thought there would have been more complaints by now.

Are the upcoming recordings on the todo list also shown the same way?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

EndPadPlus is not compatible with TiVoHD is that correct? It seems to support the S2 DirecTV dual tuner, but nothing newer. EndPadPlus on the Series1 is so much better than the automatic padding on the TiVoHD.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Actually I can some issues going forward, but only on a couple of new Season Passes.

What state are you in?

Peter.

EDIT: this was in response to my post, skolink posted at the same time.
    Last edited by petestrash; 01-06-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: reply out of order

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    EndPadPlus is not compatible with TiVoHD is that correct? It seems to support the S2 DirecTV dual tuner, but nothing newer. EndPadPlus on the Series1 is so much better than the automatic padding on the TiVoHD.
    EPP runs fine on our TiVo HD's, but need to remove and reprogram the PROM to allow foreign programs to be loaded.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Actually I can some issues going forward, but only on a couple of new Season Passes.

What state are you in?

Peter.

EDIT: this was in response to my post, skolink posted at the same time.
    I am in NSW. I did the test again, with the same results as my original test: 2, 7 and 10 are +1 minute, 3 is +5 minutes, and 9 is +10 minutes.

I think this may be in testing the new actual run times that are going to be used. ie 8:33 finish instead of the generic 8:30 which is in the pipeline. Are you showing more accurate start times and durations?

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    ... but need to remove and reprogram the PROM to allow foreign programs to be loaded.
    Fantastic. Now I have a real reason to do so. Now to find a time when it isn't being used...