Thread: HNP in NZ

HNP in NZ

I was recently made aware that HNP is no longer included with new TiVo's purchased in NZ, and Telecom NZ have chosen not to sell it separately (don't know the reason).

Hybrid have been unable to help with this problem as Telecom are currently the sole distributor and are in full control of all marketing till July.

Rumour has it that once the sole distribution agreement finishes, HNP should become available to purchase separately.

Hope this is of some help for those of you that are stuck.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Seems correct, now being offered for sale on the TiVo site. Is there an alternative, seems a little pricey?

Unfortunately it's a monopoly, so not many options there.

TiVo over here occasionally have sales on HNP to raise money for charity, they may do the same over there in the future. Worth asking support maybe.

Also you might be able to buy one off eBay.au as some people have bought a few when there has been a promotion and try to make a quick buck. But I don't know for sure if the NZ system will accept an AU HNP code.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Actually I bought one from Australia for $5 (Beyond Blue fundraiser) before we got our TiVoHD, but then got HNP free by registering on the NZ website (before Feb 2010 I think). Anyways I'll email it to you to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    Actually I bought one from Australia for $5 (Beyond Blue fundraiser) before we got our TiVoHD, but then got HNP free by registering on the NZ website (before Feb 2010 I think). Anyways I'll email it to you to try.
    Thank you brother, Seems to shut me out as its for a Au TiVo user?

That's a shame...