Thread: Using TIVO remote with a Loewe Planus TV

Using TIVO remote with a Loewe Planus TV

Hi All, I have a Loewe Planus 4781ZP TV and a TIVO. I was able to configure the TIVO remote to control basic TV functions like volume and power ON/OFF. However, I cannot get the Tivo's "TV Input" button to work so i can switch to AV1, AV2 etc. I have tried all codes are per the TIVO configuration screen and tried a method described on their website which automatically tries lots of different codes, but no luck. Pressing '0' on the Loewe remote control brings up the AV menu, so if i could somehow trick the tivo to mimic the '0' button press than that would work.

Has anyone got the "TV Input" working on the TIVO ? Any tips ?

Thanks.

Are you talking about a series 1 TiVo or an Australian TiVo HD?

I have similar problems with a Samsung LCD, the TV input button works using the codes but cannot use the arrows to choose an input and no key to confirm which input I want.

I found with the Samsung that if I pressed the TV input multiple times it scrolled through the inputs, then when I was on the correct input I just pressed volume up or down which would make the input menu go away.

It's not perfect but worked in the end.

If you cannot get it to work and really bugs you, the only option is to buy a programmable remote.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks for feedback petestrash. I have the Australian TiVo HD (160G). I would be happy if i could get it to work like you. I can see that for some of the codes the Loewe 'receiver led' lights UP, however nothing changes on the screen. For 1 code, i got the Loewe to change to a screen i have never seen before ! That was exciting for a minute.
    I'll try going through the hundreds of codes again using the method described on the website to see if i can get anywhere.
    Regards.

No worries, I have moved your question to the TiVo HD section. You may have more luck here is someone else has a Loewe TV.

Good luck with the code search.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter
    had some success using the code search. Now if I press the "TV Input" it now brings up "197 AV3 9:08pm STEREO" (the Tivo is connected to AV3). This is called the "Status display" on the Loewe and and just shows the current selected channel and time. The problem is i can't change to AV2 by using any of the buttons on the Tivo remote. The button i really need to replicate is the '0' button on the Loewe remote which is the AV Selection button. If i press '0' on the Loewe remote, i can then use Tivo remote volume buttons to switch AV inputs. I'll keep on trying !
    Regards.

I have Loewe Aconda telly and exactly the same problem. I've got a TiVo HD (160G) with a WD expander and I can't configure the TiVo remote to get the TV input button to work either. I'll have a look for the additional codes on a Loewe site that Kelad mentioned. Has anyone else got a solution since the last post was put on this thread?

Cheers, K