Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect time

Incorrect time

After making a daily call on Sunday the time on my TiVo is an hour behind the actual time.

I have tried another call today but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest a fix, please?

Timezone/daylight savings problem perhaps?

I'm running the NZ Thomson 2.5.5 software (which has been working well up until now).

You need to update the file /var/hack/zoneinfo/Pacific/Auckland

It is avaiable in this thread:
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....avings-Changes

I already tried to post this, but got a response along the line of "requires moderator approval"

hopefully this time it will work

forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?1590-Daylight-Savings-Changes

Also see this thread (regarding how to replace the 'Auckland' timezone file)
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread....gs-time-change

Pete, any chance you could put the updated Auckland timezone file on oztivo.net so that doing an 'update_oztivo -y' will automatically grab it?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    Pete, any chance you could put the updated Auckland timezone file on oztivo.net so that doing an 'update_oztivo -y' will automatically grab it?
    We have discouraged New Zealanders to use the update option from our servers as it will overwrite the NZ settings unless you manually add the files to the exclusion list.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    We have discouraged New Zealanders to use the update option from our servers as it will overwrite the NZ settings unless you manually add the files to the exclusion list.
    Peter.
    Which settings? It no longer seems to overwrite settings in oztivo.conf, so I normally use it after setting up a TiVo.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I'm away at the moment, but there were complaints in the past about the update making changes which caused connection issues for NZ users.

oztivo.conf was one of the files that were being overwritten. A little surprised that is not still happening. You haven't excluded it?

I'll be back home in a week.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

No I don't exclude any files. That script used to change the port from 8000 to 909000, but now does not. I still check oztivo.conf afterwards, but don't need to make any changes. I haven't noticed any connection issues.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Thanks for the assistance on this one. It is much appreciated, especially by my wife who has been painstakingly recording the programmes one hour before the ones she wants to watch!

After some fiddling I managed to get the file onto my TiVo (ppp connection over serial, then using the ftpd on the TiVo).

Unfortunately I busted my UK-NZ mains adaptor when plugging it back in next to the TV, so I'll have to wait for tomorrow and a visit to the shops to make sure everything has worked.

Tony

Unfortunately my TiVo still doesn't have the right time.

I updated the Pacific/Auckland file as suggested, after which I got the right time and programme listings for a little while. However, all my programmes from 2.00am this morning (28 March) are shown in the programme guide as being an hour late and my clock has gone forward an hour again.

I saw from the 'To do list' that this was going to happen (I didn't know the clock would go forward, but I did know the programmes were all an hour later than they should be). In an effort to fix things I: repeated the Pacific/Auckland update; cleared my programme listings; and repeated guided setup. None of this worked, unfortunately.

The problem is not in the Auckland file, which I have picked apart -- it shows the time changing on 4 April, which is right.

As far as I can see, the current setup will actually work (since both the system time and the times on the programme listings are in sync, albeit one hour ahead of actual time), but it's not quite right. Does anyone have any ideas?

Tony