Hi

Newbie here. I have just put ozTiVo_installer_Philips_1.6.2_20080604.iso onto my UK Thomson TiVo (using internal modem for guide data and Minicom over serial cable for checking config). I have a couple of problems, one with the tuner (probably) and one with the RF out.

I get through the setup and can download from the emulator (I can see descriptions of which programmes are on, no problem).

However, Live TV fails nearly always (problem 1). On rare occassions it works but I get scratchy reception. I am using the tuner input (RF in to antenna). Plugging the same antenna input into my TV or video gives pretty decent reception on all channels, and crystal clear on three or four of them.

Also, I have the RF out on the TiVo going into my TV (I can't use the SCART), and so I have to tune my TV to get the TiVo OSD. The required tuning is very close to Prime TV. As a result, I have Prime TV audio and interference on the screen (problem 2). I can see no way to change this tuning (I have used palmod_config but it has made no difference, perhaps because ukchan30.o rather than palmod.o is automatically used for the Thomson).

Does anybody have any suggestions? I was hoping (perhaps rather optimistically) to avoid the fairly massive NZ-specific Thomson .iso download. I have done some googling and scanned the forums, but I really don't know where to start.

Tony