Thread: HNP Folders On Tivo

HNP Folders On Tivo

Having only just bought a Tivo with the HNP package I'm still coming to terms with it. I have beeen experimenting with transferring home video recordings on to the Tivo, and it seems that I can only transfer 5 files in any one folder. It even seems to be a random 5 files, not the first five. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by stephg View Post
    Having only just bought a Tivo with the HNP package I'm still coming to terms with it. I have beeen experimenting with transferring home video recordings on to the Tivo, and it seems that I can only transfer 5 files in any one folder. It even seems to be a random 5 files, not the first five. Is this normal?
    I've worked this out myself - I had the "keep at most" option in the video folder properties set to 5 (default). Now I have it set to "all episodes" everything in the folder seems to be transferring fine.

Cool, glad you worked it out for yourself.

Sorry I missed this post.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter

As you're probably aware, my original tivo died on me and was replaced within a week. i did transfer some files (tivo recordings) across to my PC from my original tivo. Is there is way to transfer these files back to the replacement tivo, other then running them off the pc via tivo desktop/server?

It depends on how you pulled the files off the original TiVo. Did you download them directly or did you use TiVo Desktop?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

tivo Desktop

however, i cannot access the replacement tivo with desktop...

frustrating...

You should be able to once the same MAK is set, and the new TiVo added to your mytivo.com.au account.

hey thanks, its all working now. quick question, after shows have been transferred back to tivo, i cannot seem to fast foward. is this how its supposed to be for transferred shows.

cheers

I'm away from home right now, so cannot check.

But I regularly transfer TiVo to TiVo and have no issues with FFW. But not sure if I have ever tried transferring to a PC then back to a TiVo though.

Peter.