Thread: HD remote codes

HD remote codes

Sorry for another question but I just realised my "master plan" of upgrading from my S1 to the TivoHD might be more work than I had anticipated.

Are the remote codes for the HD the same as the S1 tivos?

I am now guessing that since my S1 is a Sony I am SOL. I opened the tivoHD box and saw the peanut remote and my jaw just dropped - if only I had the phillips.

I am saying all of this as I have an MX-500 universal remote that I had built in a bucketload of codes and macros.
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###

Why not just test and see? You've already bought the TiVoHD anyway (or did you open the box instore?)

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I doubt the HD's codes are the same as the Sony's (they are the same as the Philips).

But if you running an OzTiVo based Philips image on your Sony, your peanut will also control the S1 as the image was modified to work with both remotes at the same time.

Not sure if both remotes were made active on the OzTiVo Sony image though.

As John said, you might as well just give it a go.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

My Parents have a Sony S1 running the Sony (nzTiVo) v1.5 image and use a peanut remote.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

thanks for the responses.
    I can still use the Sony remote so I suspect I have the Sony codes.
    The reason why I was asking is that I only got conditional support from the "power" regarding the upgrade from S1 to the HD.

If I have to spend some time in updating the remote I sort of need to know before I do anything so I can manage expectations as to the time the upgrade will take me. You don't want know the pain I endured after I upgraded our sound with a Squeezebox Duet and then decided to rip a bucket load of CDs, (after messing with EAC/Lame switch adj).
    Justin

TivoHD w/1tb "update"
    TiVo SVR2000 unit w/200Gb Seagate, Turbonetcard & Dlink-810 wireless bridge, FTA Strong STB. Latest image 1.6.###