Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gray Screen on my Tivo

hows it going with your issue?

Although I had some problems with TiVo Support over delivery of a replacement for my DOA TiVo, once my problem was escalated to Hybrid TV themselves, the issue was dealt with swiftly and was resolved basically the same day. Although TiVo Support may have some internal issues, Hybrid TV themselves appear to be committed to the product and customer satisfaction, and went far beyond what I expected to resolve my particular issue.
    New TiVo box is now on-line and working well!

good to hear. my replacement unit started off badly with not being able to pick up any tv channels when i was installing it, and coming up gray screen issue when watching live tv.

reboot seemed to have fixed this issue.

Well, looks like I can get in line. My tivo - after working almost fine (not able to connect to home network, caspar or home boxoffice) for several months has decided to do the grey screen dance.

I received the same spiel from support - the reset that takes the better part of a day to complete & it is still not working properly.
    I spent a month trying to set up the tivo to download movies etc and that has been put on the back burner because of this new problem.

Im going to ring support tomorrow and see what other ridiculous instructions they give me. I have copied the information given about the antenna & full buffer & will give that back to them if they try to tell me its the antenna. Why is it they can send a man to the bloody moon but the words "plug & play" and support mean zilch?

Catherine

just an update, the gray screen comes on between changing channels and switching to menus. other than that, the replacement unit seems to be going well.
    cheers

my tivo has decided to not allow me to view tv channels anymore, every channel comes up with "signal low, check antenna" and the gray screen.

tried rebooting, removing the antenna, rebooting, plugging in the antenna, rebooting, still no channels come up in the scan.

Also, cable from antenna to tivo is fine, plugged in my latop with tv card and all channels are viewable, so its not the antenna or cable.

have logged a support call with tivo, but reading these pages, it seems my tivo is dead AGAIN!

any advice?

What signal level are you getting across the channels?
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

hi Pete

No signal at all across any channels. When I goto device diagnostics, its all blank.
    I now want to throw this piece of junk out.

have logged tivo support call this morning, customer support rep said it will be escalated to level 3 support and I will hear back from them in a few days. Do Tivo/Hybrid staff read these forums?

The problem you are having is not common, have you tried taking the TiVo to a neighbor/friend to test?

All you need is power and Aerial, then connect to a TV.

The Dual Tuner TiVo does require a better quality signal than you average STB.

Would be worth ruling out your antenna, now that you have had similar problems twice.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!