Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gray Screen on my Tivo

I have been speaking with the CEO of hybrid about this over the weekend.

I have included some of her replies below:

I really appreciate the time you took to send me this message. I have forwarded it to two guys in my team - we worked so hard to get a new customer service supplier.

<snipped>

This is terrible - the only good thing is that the tivo does not often have problems so our customer issues are not significant - but the ones that do have a problem seem to get inconsistent responses from our support team.

I cant say anything more than thank you for telling me and that we are on the job - this is our number one priority - unfortunately it wont take seconds to fix...

Rob
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

HI Peter,

Thanks for passing the thread onto Hybrid over the weekend, I have just tried to call the support line this morning, and all i get is an engaged or busy signal, but I will keep trying, and I do hope that I get some response.

Cheers

Malcolm

Angry

I have finally spoken to TiVo support this morning, and the response was:-

All the managers and supervisors are in meetings and can not talk to me, we are sorry for the wait, but we hope that your problem will be seen too in the next day or so.
    It in the system, and will seen to in due course.

I did ask that my call could be noted, so that it can be seen that I am pro-active in trying to get things moving

That will bring the total issue time to around 14 days...

That's what I call customer service... NOT.

Happy New Year TiVo.

Malcolm

Can you please PM me your TSN and mytivo user name, and I'll pass it on to Robbee.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Having the same problem

I have all of the same problems, I have not tried support and now I don't want to. I'm tired of talking to people overseas. My TiVo is 7 days old, and I think I'll take it back to HN to have it replaced. I don't see any hints in these posts that it is the hardware, but that's what I'm going to try. I will be looking forward to seeing this problem resolved, as it is very distressing.

Hi,

I am having exactly the same issues with my three week old TiVo in NZ. I initially dealt with Telecom NZ but have now been escalated to TiVo support in Australia. I have supplied them with the same details as gbhills and now seem to be on the same merry-go-round.

Stuart.

Hi Misha320

Since your TiVo is only 7 days old, and if it was working and working fine, I doubt that it will be the signal strength as was suggested with my TiVo, ( mine worked for 6 or so weeks ), If I was you I would see if you can exchange it at HN, as it will be a lot quicker than Tivo Support.

I will agree that the issue is distressing, I bought the TiVo to replace a ( working ) Topfield twin tuner 250GB High Def recorder, which I have since sold on Ebay.
    1) I had hoped that the Tivo would provide a better user interface.
    2) Provide good support.
    3) Latest Technology

The Topfied was a bit of a geeks machine, and then the TiVo screwed up and I have ended up on the support merry-go-round.

I actually have the family ask me every day, is the TiVo fixed ?

Best of luck with your exchange, let us know how you go, and if everything works OK.

Malcolm

Hi StuWorld,

I gather that your TiVo, worked OK for a few weeks ?

In the initial stages the 5 hr cold boot process was frustrating, and then after that failed, to have to do it again, and again, to recover diagnostic information, before it rebooted again was a pain and just added yet another day to make another phone call to tell them that it still doesn't work.

I have not heard from Tivo support today, but I will join the phone queue shortly, so support knows that "No my issue has not been resolved"

How is consumer Law in NZ, can you claim to Telecom thats its now unfit for purpose and wish them to replace the unit ? as it only 3 weeks old ?

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Yes my TiVo worked fine for the first couple of weeks, then shorthly before Xmas I noticed the grey screen of death one morning. It then rebooted during the day and has since got worse. I only hooked it up again yesterday to get the information that TiVo Support requested. This morning I noticed it was back to the grey screen, so it has been unplugged again.

I am not too sure about my consumer rights, but i don't want to make too many waves with Telecom as I work for them !! Hopefully Telecom can put some pressure on TiVo Support to replace the unit instead of all this monkeying around.

Cheers
    Stu

Well, I tried the power-off-for-8-hours (or so) and now all I get is the initial powering up screen and then straight to the gray screen of death. Seems to be significantly worse now. I have to wait for the weekend to take it back...so it's back to my media centre and my toppy, which likes to reboot by itself, too. {sigh} are PVR's really that hard to manufacture? Crappy HD's is what I think.