Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Gray Screen on my Tivo

yep, its a masthead amp. Will go and buy a new "highgain" digital tv antenna now. Figured I wont need the amp now.

Hey Pete, I don't know if selling is allowed here, so feel free to remove this if its not.

So, i have for sale a used once Kingray MDA20L amp with power supply.

PM me if anyone is interested.

No worries, if you like you can post the Amp in our Trading Post section.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

hey Pete

I need your help. My tivo is still loosing all its channels every morning and tivo support have stopped responding to my emails.

this is their latest email:
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Thank you for your enquiry in regards to TiVo Media Device.
    Please try the following:

1) - Rescan the channels. Do this by going to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings > Channels > Channel rescan and select 'Delete previously scanned channels and rescan. Please follow the instructions and add the new channels.

- force a connection to our server (go to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Settings

> Network > 'Connect to TiVo Services now')

2) To assist in identifying the cause of your issue, we need to get some more information from your TiVo media device:
    a) Tune your TiVo media device to a channel.
    b) Load Media Device Diagnostics by going to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings >Account & System information > Media Device Diagnostics.
    c) Identify which tuner is currently receiving the tuned channel by checking the ""Channel"" values. You may need to scroll down to view the second tuner's details.
    d) Note down the following values for the identified tuner:

Tuner:
    Current Tuning Status:
    Channel:
    Frequency:
    Modulation:
    Connector Type
    Signal Source:
    Signal Strength:
    Signal Lock:
    Program Lock:
    Seach Complete:
    MER:
    Pre-Viterbi Errors:
    Post-Viterbi Errors:
    Packet Errors:

Please do this with all the major broadcasters (ABC, SBS, Seven, Nine and Ten) and once you've retrieved this information, please reply to this email with the diagnostic values completed.

3) a. Please try using a wall power socket, if your TiVo is plugged into a power board or surge protector please bypass them to ensure that you are getting a clean power source.
    b. If you are using the wireless adaptor, please remove it temporarily. If your TiVo media device does not reboot with the adaptor disconnected, the adaptor may be faulty. Please also try this with your expander drive if you have one installed.
    c. Perform a hard reset, This is performed by removing the power cable from the TiVo and leaving it disconnected for a minimum of five to six hours, which will cause the TiVo to reset the buffer when it returns to a powered-on state. Please make sure only the power and component cables are connected to the TiVo Media Device.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

to which i replied:

Hi

I followed all your instructions and still no live tv on this tivo. I am at my wits end with this issue!

Output of diagnostics is:

Tuner: 0
    Everything is blank until you get to RC state: available
    Current tuning status: not tuned: general tune error
    Tune status: not tuned
    Last used channel plan: undefined
    Cci byte: n/a
    Time since last tune start: 70
    Time since last signal lock: 453 seconds
    The rest is black until pending tune status: no tune pending

Tuner: 1
    Everything is blank until you get to RC state: available
    Current tuning status: not tuned: general tune error
    Tune status: not tuned
    Last used channel plan: undefined
    Cci byte: n/a
    Time since last tune start: 70
    Time since last signal lock: 453 seconds
    The rest is black until pending tune status: no tune pending

I did all this after a hard rest overnight and have re plugged the tivo into a clean power point as requested.

I believe that we are now clutching at straws and since this replacement tivo was a refurb, could it be faulty and in need of replacement itself?

I await your reply.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

now heres the weird thing, every afternoon around 4pm, i do a reboot and rescan and all channels come back immediately.

what is happening here.

woah, whilst watching the tivo, the channels just pixelated and lost signal just now!

I thought i'd let you all know that my tivo seems to only work from 3pm to midnight, for watching live tv....

weird man!

It's impossible to tell from a distance whether you have a faulty TiVo or bad signal from your antenna as both will produce the same result.

But with your last post I would be leaning towards your signal, as often poor signals improve at night.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

ok, but since I replaced my antenna with a brand newey from Dick Smith, all my other tv's are showing a increase in signal levels to around 76+ for all channels including SBS and ABC ranges. Also, with my previous tivo, I never ever had this problem...

There really is not much I can guess from here...

If you are sure the quality of the signal at the point the TiVo is plugged in is good, then that only leaves the TiVo as a problem. Push for a replacement.

Peter.

PS did you try to get the signal details (as support requested) in the evening when things are better?

Hi

Just did the diagnostics again. Report is here.

Funny thing is, when I removed the antenna and plugged it straight into TV, the signal strenght was all mid 70's across tested channels...

---------------

update - tivo is now completely dead, cannot receive any channels at any time. Tivo support are now NOT responding to my requests and I did give them a final opportunity to contact me re my issues, but they ignored it, so I have lodged a complaint with dept of fair trading.

Have you tried calling support 1300 69 84 86

Peter.