Hi Guys,

I have had this problem occour on the the 23rd of December.

I have had my Tivo for 6 weeks ,and had not had an issue.
While not using my Tivo ( it was in standby), I noticed that green light had come on.

I switched on my TV, and noticed that the Tivo was going through the start up sequence, it completely restarted twice, then went to just a gray screen, and was then completely un-responsive to the remote.

I rang support the next day, and waited for what seamed like an hour, and it after a few questions were asked of me by the guy at support, it was explained to me that it was my antenna ( yes I was confused ), and that the TiVo buffer was full, and this is what I must do to get the buffer to empty, and to change my antenna, by removing, my splitter/amp ( at the antenna fitted by the antenna guy two years ago ) the as the signal was to much for the buffer to handle. ( WTF ) It had been working for 6 weeks with out a problem.

So I followed the advise of TiVo, except that I did not disconnect the antenna, splitter/amp as we have more that 1 TV in the house.

==============================================

Hard reset of your TiVo media device?

This is performed by removing the power cable, Network Adapter, External Hard Drive, Ariel Cable from the TiVo and leaving it disconnected for a minimum of five to six hours, which will cause the TiVo to reset the buffer when it returns to a powered-on state

When you power back again please make sure you connect only TV connection with a component cable with a wall power socket

If it's still struck on powering up screen leave it for more than 2 hours on power Up and give us a call

If your TiVo Starts and you can navigate the menus

please Plug in the Ariel Cable without any boosters or amplifiers attached

Check the Live Tv

Now please connect the Network Adapter and External Hard Drive one at a time and see if your tivo reboots or frozen at any time if so please let us know

==============================================

Well the Tivo worked for 2 days, and the same thing happened again,

And Again.

So now my TiVo, is basically a brick, and I'm on hold again to support.

Well, the guy at Support has told me to cold boot it again, and he will email me on how to gather some information, if the the damn thing will start up. and email the result

Its a bit frustrating, that this is not user error, and that nothing in my house has changed, like the antenna, but the Tivo has stopped working, or continues to reboot, and I cant use the TiVo.

Has any one else had these issues. What did you do. ?