Thread: Series2 DT power supply mod for 230V

Series2 DT power supply mod for 230V

I have finally got around to modding a Series2 Dual Tuner power supply to run at 230V instead of 110V. Most components and the PCB were already rated for 230/240V, so only a few had to be replaced.
    Hopefully will have time over the Christmas break to have a go at hacking the software.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Any reason you chose a DT model to play with ?

The earlier S2's were 100-240v out of the box and did not need any prom mods to run foreign software.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I bought it ages ago, before TiVoHD was announced for Oz/NZ. I had grand ideas about swapping the tuners so that we could record two things at once. Samsung do make a PAL version of the tuners, but not readily available. Of course the decoders may not automatically detect and accept a PAL feed anyway, so software mods would be necessary. I've abandoned that idea now, esp since we just got a TiVoHD with dual tuners.

It's quite a sexy looking unit (better than TiVoHD in my opinion) so I'm planning on just using it with a STB to record Sky.

It will be good to do a PROM replacement on this before I attempt it on our TiVoHD.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2