Thread: Mac compatibility

Mac compatibility

I note on the link for the one day sale of HNP that there is the rider:
    "and that Mac users require additional third party software to take full advantage of it."

Can anyone tell me what the additional software is called, please?

In NZ, Telecom only say that it is currently incompatible with Macs.

Without the extra software you can listen to Music and watch Photo's from your Mac.

To Transfer videos between your TiVo and Mac (MPEG-2 and .tivo files only), Burn DVDs of your transferred videos, Convert shows for playback on your iPod, Blackberry, and other compatible devices, you need Roxio Toast Version 8 or higher.

Note it does not currently work with Snow Leopard, Roxio are working on a fix for Version 9 onwards (Not V8).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks for that, Peter.

Hey Chieftain, I'm a mac user too and I purchased the HNP this Friday just past.

I've since spent the last couple of days grabbing stuff off the Tivo and encoding it (mostly for later viewing on my PS3).

I'm using an app called Tivo Butler to get the files off of the Tivo and onto the Mac.

Then I've been cutting the adverts out and trimming the additional fat from the resulting mpg files with an app called MPEG Streamclip.

Even after cutting them down the files can be pretty large, so I've used handbrake to re-encode some of the files as mp4's (I used the 'universal' setting with a file size target of 800meg for movies).

To share stuff from your Mac TO the Tivo there's a neat app called pytivox.

All of the apps I've linked to here are free too.
    I hope this stuff helps.

Thanks for that elroy. I don't have an HD (yet) but I'm interested and looking.

I'd seen TiVo Butler on Macupdate.com and figured that it wasn't for Series 1.

All those freebies sound good though.