Thread: having a problem with extending the recording

having a problem with extending the recording

Hi i just added a western digital 1tb , but now after we have started recording something and then extend the time to say 1 hour it cuts off from the first time it was set . is anyone having the same problem and is there anything we can do to stop it..It is driving me crazy. Thank you

Your problem will have nothing to do with the new drive.

How long before the end of the show did you ask the TiVo to extend?

Depending on how busy the TiVo is with background tasks it can take 10 minutes for the command to be acted on sometimes.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Petestrash, thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question.. ours is set for 10 mins after the show finishes automatically, but if we try to change it even before it starts or after it has started and try to say extend it by an hour it cuts it off at the 10min mark.. ,, does that make sense?

It makes sense what you are saying, but not why it is happening.

How many times has this occurred?

Could you please set 3 or 4 shows on different channels to extend by 15 minutes and let us know how many only extend by 10.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I haven't seen this exact problem but I've noticed others similar to it. For example, if you change the priority of a pair of clashing season passes, the Tivo won't change which program is clipped right away. It seems that the Tivo will record as per its To Do list. It doesn't refresh that list immediately after making changes so if you make changes only minutes before a program is to record, it will still record as if the change wasn't made.

Actually it looks like there are some issues in this area for TiVo software version 11.3a which was recently released.

I believe there is a fix coming soon with 11.3b or 11.3d.

If anyone else is having issues with recordings not extending correctly when the padding has been altered, please file a support issue directly with TiVo so that they give this priority and get it sorted quickly.

Peter.