Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: New Foxtel/Austar channels

I have removed your TSN from the UK list.

You will probably need to do a clear and delete all first, before continuing with GS.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

This is somewhat better. I can complete the setup and get all guide data using the Phillips image. It controls the Foxtel box fine, and outputs RGB to the TV fine, but there is still one major problem in that I can't get it to change to RGB input from the Foxtel box.

I might have to look into this a little to decide whether to stay with the Phillips image or go back to the UK Tivo image. I can swap from composite to s-video input using the interface, but both give a distorted picture (lots of snow, a little like NTSC input on PAL mode, but I know I have selected PAL in the setup). In fact if this one one issue is resolvable then I think there is no reason why all UK TiVo users shouldn't use the same Phillips image as everyone else!

Ok, I knew of 2 outstanding UK TiVo issues using Philips images.

1. RGB, but could not remember if was input/output or both.

2. The front blaster has been reported (by only one user) not to work with the Philips image.

Unfortunately none of the developers have a UK TiVo which is why there has been no further development of the UK image.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Not having RGB working appears to be a dealbreaker for using the Phillips image on a UK TiVo - at least for me: The best it seems to support is composite video using the scart inputs which is a very noticable drop in quality from the RGB that the UK image supports. That said there must be a way to get the TiVo back into RGB mode (I suspect there is a iicset command or two that would do this, but if I perservere then I think it would be best to start another thread rather than steer this one off topic more than it is already!)

The other issue about the front blaster is trivial imho: I've always used the IR cables as they seem to be far more reliable and quite easy to set up usually.

Dave

Ok, I can see you have started a new thread, not sure if anyone here can help you.

There might be some NZ'rs who can help as they prefer the UK models.

Peter.