Thread: Non G-Zipped XML file?

Non G-Zipped XML file?

Hi,
    This is more of a request, but I understand that it isn't likely for various reasons.
    But... It'd be great if there was another two XML files (for channel list and data) wasn't g-zipped because I'm trying to setup a Media Centre machine to record lots n lots of TV in a corporate environment (state-wide WAN). The problem is (as far as I can tell) is it's behind two ISA servers and that one (or both) are unzipping the file themselves and passing it to the workstation uncompressed and therefore XMLTV Download can't read it right.
    So I guess, if anyone can tell me what settings need to be changed on ISA server (I have a -slight- idea, but I'm doubtful that the core server guys will change it for me) or if there is or could be an uncompressed version hosted... that'd be great!

Thanks,
    Nicko

Our guide can only be used for non commercial use.

The community data is made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license and can only be used for non commercial purposes.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    Our guide can only be used for non commercial use.

The community data is made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license and can only be used for non commercial purposes.

Peter.
    Oh, I wasn't aware schools were counted as companies? Our school is a public 'free' school... (ie. the school makes no profit, you don't have to pay to attend... so not commercial?).
    It was going to be used by the librarians so they could easily record any educational shows and allow teachers to play them back on Extenders, over the network or get a physical copy burnt.
    Last edited by nicko.dvz; 05-02-2010 at 08:33 AM.

I come from a family of educators, and none of them refer to their schools as a 'corporate environment'. Regardless there is no issue if the guide is used for non commercial purposes, and there is no payment being made to provide the guide or for setting up the guide.

Back to your original question, We cannot make the guide available uncompressed due to the extra bandwidth it would consume.

before implementing a large system, please be aware the guide is made by volunteers and while there are no issues currently there is no guarantee that it will continue going forward.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Oh okay, sorry, I just used 'corporate-environment' referring to how the network is set up, how massive and hard it is to get them to modify anything :P. I should have said school.
    And no, not being paid to set it up specifically, I'm just an employee of Education Queensland and I'm doing it as part of my job (being a regional tech).

Okay, that's understandable. The Service Centre is contacting me on Monday to tell me if they're willing to modify the settings on the core server or not.

I understand that it might not be up forever, this is just a system one school is trialling - if the need arises they will have to find another solution.

Thanks for your help!
    Nicko.