Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Foxtel/Austar channels

Hi Peter,

Just done another GS setup call at 2:22pm Sydney time. (Same error 'No service providers were found in your Postal Code' too.)

Thanks, Dave

Can you try running GS against the 04000 postcode to see if it works any differently.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter,

I'm away on vacation now for a week, so I can't try anything until I get back.

But I can say that one of the things I did try on a recent GS was using postcode 02600 for the ACT. I got the same error (i.e. it still could not fine a lineup for that postcode). Something tells me that 04000 won't be any different.

Thanks for your continued help,

Dave

It's funny, I saw that attempt a few days ago which is what made me suggest using the 04000 code.

From our end your attempts using 02000 and 02600 had different results.

We have had other TiVos running UK software complete GS on 04000 recently, I would like to see what 04000 brings you.

I think it still looks like an issue your end, but would like to be sure.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Actually I think you are correct. When I tried the 02600 postcode I got the same incorrect lineup as I was getting with 02000 on some programme sources. Other Programme sources were yielding the 'No service providers' message, and now that I've done a clear and delete everything its all programme sources that yield this 'No service providers' message.

In any case, I will give the 04000 postcode a go and report back (albeit it will have to wait a week until I'm back from vacation).

Cheers, Dave

Hi Peter,

Just done a GS setup call using postcode 04000 at 6:32pm Sydney time. Same result at my end: 'No service providers were found in your Postal Code.'

Thanks, Dave

Ok, don't know what the issue is, but does seem to point to corruption on your disc.

The easiest would be to just load the philips image, which I can support better.

Peter.

Agreed - I've been thinking the same thing and I was going to try a reinstall today.

In the past I've used the UK images because I needed the RGB output for my high-end televisions and I'm not sure the Phillips image caters for this. However I'm prepared to give it a go today to see if it works. Not sure if I will need to trouble you to take this TiVo's serial number out of the UK list, or whether I can try the Phillips image without doing that? And of course if RGB on the Phillips image doesn't work then I may need to have it put back again. What do you think - should I try the image without it being removed from the list?

Cheers, Dave.

I don't think RGB works using the philips image (neither does the front blaster) on a UK TiVo.

I would need to remove the TSN from the UK database if you do decide to go with the philips image.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I think the TSN does need to be removed - I just tried the latest Phillips image with a totally reimaged HDD and worryingly I got the same error message:

No cable providers were found in your state's Postcode.

Please check the state Postcode that you entered.

Can you please remove the TSN and I will test again. (I will worry about the lack of RGB issue once I get something working. That said, sorry to keep bothering you.)