Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering if there would be any interest in a TiVo Bulk Buy.

Just wondering if there would be any interest in a TiVo Bulk Buy.

We did a couple of bulk buys for TiVo here in Oz back in May.

So wondering if there was any interest in doing a bulk buy to send to NZ.

TiVo/Hybrid have said that Aussie's and Kiwi's can move between countries as both units are the same, and I have now tested the NZ software on our TiVo's and it works fine.

Not sure of current pricing until I can get some numbers to gauge interest, the last bulk buy here was A$599 ~NZ$750.

The biggest killer is shipping, as they weigh about 6Kg each, but might make sense shipping a few together to the same address then distribute from there.

You may also be able to organise something yourselves though Telecom NZ, but from what others have said about Telecom being inflexible this may be unlikely.

Anyway don't really know, just putting it out there let us know if your interested or want to give some feedback...

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

You have already got your hands on the NZ software, a week before they are even on sale? Awesome.
    I'm interested in the bulk buy.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

HNP free

Pete, were you able to activate the HNP functionality for free on the NZ software?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I have not tried on the NZ software, but we have decided that the path to free HNP would not be discussed on this forum as it it would be considered theft of service from Hybrid.

Also, to run any modified code the TiVo HD needs to have it's Prom chip replaced with a reprogrammed one and a patched kernel.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

In terms of free HNP I was referring to the current offer that if you activate the HNP before 31 Jan 2010 it is free.
    http://www.telecom.co.nz/mytivo/pricing
    I'm just wondering if I would be eligible with an imported TiVo (unhacked).
    I presume a prom replacement isn't necessary to simply run the NZ software?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Sorry, I thought you were asking about hacking HNP using the NZ software.

I did not try registering the TSN on the NZ website, I assume this is what would activate the free HNP.

As there is not much interest here for a group buy, I won't bother.

Peter.

JBHiFi

Am I missing somthing here, or can I get a TiVo for AU$598 at JBHiFi, no haggling or anything?
    http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/home-...ivo-box/440788
    I've bought my $5 HNP today, interesting to see if it of any use to me in NZ. If not, $5 donated to charity, no loss.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

If you select NZ as a shipping destination you get:

Quote Originally Posted by JB HiFi
    We currently only ship consumer electronics products to Australia and we only ship music, DVD and game products to some countries. You will need to contact us and we will quote you special freight rates and insurance to accommodate the delivery of your order. Please include the details of the items you want shipped.

Please note: Your order can not continue as is. You can go back and remove items from your order or change your delivery country.
    I am not aware of anyone trying to activate an Australian TiVo in NZ yet.

Edit: Also don't forget this TiVo is only 160Gb Vs the 320Gb in NZ (not an issue if you are putting a 1Gb in there).

Peter.

PS happy to re-ship this for you if wanted.
    Last edited by petestrash; 25-11-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added HD size difference & re-ship option.

I'd get the in-laws to bring it over from Tas at Christmas time. Thanks for the offer Pete, I'll take you up if I don't get it organised by then.
    I presume the same price would be available at a retail store?
    I hadn't even realised the HDD size is different, but as you suggest it would be upgraded before long anyway.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

cool, I was in JB on the weekend, they were still tagged as $698.00.

I'm sure you could get that price or better in the store.

Peter.