Please help me, I'm at my wits end. I am unable to get my P.C. and my Tivo to talk to each other. I keep getting a "There are no DVRs available on the network" message. I have even reinstalled Windows (Vista) and bought a new modem (netgear dgn2000).
The story so far.... I have/had a Billion modem and sometimes, under fairly random circumstances, my P.C. would see my the Tivo, it would even pass files to and fro, I could sometimes bring up the Tivo files list on Firefox (and even download them(and up load them for that matter)). But alas, it would always be temporary. So, I thought it was the modem. So I bought the Netgear but now, it seems to be worse.

The Tivo can connect, via the router, to the Tivo server, so thats ok. I can still ping the modem 2-4 ms delays, it is even there as an attached device on the Netgear page, but now I can't even connect to the Tivo with Firefox.

I have disconnected all known firewalls, uninstalled my anti-virus (AVG) program, disabled my "WPA2-PSK Security Encryption", assigned an ip address, confirmed my Mac address, used a cable to bypass the wifi, check & rechecked the ip and mac address, even given it its own. checked the direction of the wind, waited for a full moon killed a black cat, drank a botle of vodka, all to no avail...

Yes, I have rebooted this and that, more times than my kids have had birthdays, and yes, I've re installed Tivo desktop.

The most frustrating thing is that I know it works...I've done it, a few times. I've even downloaded an, ahem, ... bluray movie I found, from my Pc to the f#@ken Tivo. I'm willing, as a last resort, to "donate" one of my kids to get this thing to work but I don't know what else to do....any ideas?

Just tap me on the shoulder, I'll be the one in the corner crying and talking to the ashtray........