Quote Originally Posted by john151 View Post
Prior to purchasing the Tivo, I spoke with 3 different salespersons (in 2 different stores). Not one salesperson mentioned paying $200 for networking capability. However, in response to my suggesting 160gb was not a lot of storage, one suggested that I could transfer files to a PC.
So that means one salesperson allegedly "mislead" you, not three. From the way you explain it you brought the issue up about storage space and *one* salesperson responded.

I didn't research the product on the internet prior to purchase. Fair Trading would not assume that every purchaser would necessarily do this either.
Maybe not. So I take it you are going to be the test case?

The fact is you didn't do your homework, nor has Hybrid been misleading.

And given your grievance before purchase about small hard disk I would bet that one of the first things you did after activating the product - which is done online via the *Australian* TiVo website - you would have then found out about the extra cost.

At this point you as a consumer still have the right to return the product to the store and get a full refund based on it not meeting your expectations whether or not the salesperson was at fault.

Given the options you as a customer have available to you, what exactly have you done about this apart from having a belly ache about it on a public forum that is in no way affiliated with (or can have any influence on) TiVo, Hybrid or any retailers?