Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home Networking & Tivo Desktop

Network debarcle

It looks like the administrator is the only person on this thread that can see a clearly marked message to warn any unsuspecting person that and additional $200.00 will need to be forked out to network Tivo ... hmmm what does that say about the general consensus?

It means I have been alive long enough to be able to read and use Google correctly.

There have been 10's of thousands of TiVo's sold in Australia, and 3 of you have made mistakes when researching a purchase.

If you bothered to check any of my over 2k posts, I think you will find I am anything but pro Hybrid. I am pro TiVo as a device though and have been helping people with TiVo issues for about 9 years, 6 years before Hybrid Television Services was even formed.

As I said, I do not agree with the pricing of HNP or many other things that Hybrid have done in the past, but to say that hybrid misled you on this issue is ridiculous. You need to accept responsibility for your own mistakes.

I am happy to be corrected if you can show any proof that Hybrid misled you.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I too purchased a Tivo thinking that I could transfer excess files to my PC, only to find that I would have to pay an additional $199 to do so. I do not believe a product can be sustained long term when customers are let down like this. It would be analogous to Google starting to charge its users for internet searches!

I give up.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    I give up.
    I don't blame you Peter. There's a lot of stupid people out there.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Desperate

Quote Originally Posted by Darren King View Post
    I don't blame you Peter. There's a lot of stupid people out there.
    It gets desperate when customers are accused of being stupid. Quite defamatory as well.

If you purchased any other product on the basis of representations about its performance and after the sale were told it would cost you extra, would this be acceptable? (eg cruise control on a car)

Quote Originally Posted by john151 View Post
    If you purchased any other product on the basis of representations about its performance and after the sale were told it would cost you extra, would this be acceptable? (eg cruise control on a car)
    Well, hey, that depends. If the display model had it fitted and being told that is what I am getting in the purchase price the car then was delivered with it as an "optional extra" then sure I would be upset. But then I would also be smart enough to do my own research and read all the facts before I even put down a deposit, let alone pay in full.

So tell me to satisfy my own curiosity: exactly what form did this "misrepresentation" materialise itself in?
    Last edited by Darren King; 12-10-2009 at 08:18 PM.
    Darren King

Quote Originally Posted by john151 View Post
    Cruise control is an option that does not come fitted as standard to all models in the range of most cars. But can be fitted to base models for an extra cost. This is why it is important to check what is included in the actual model you propose to buy. In this case it would be a TiVo model 663160.

I have asked this from the others on this thread since August, and I'll ask you also, who made these representations about things the product does not do without paying extra?

If it was a salesperson at the store, then they are either ill-informed or willfully misleading and you should return the product to the store.

If Hybrid made any misleading statements, please let us know where it is and I am happy to eat humble pie and offer my sincere apologies.

All we keep asking for is some proof that TiVo/Hybird have done something misleading which is what all 5 of you claim

Peter.

If Hybrid made any misleading statements, please let us know where it is and I am happy to eat humble pie and offer my sincere apologies.
    Ditto from me. Until then my above so-called "defamatory" comment stands.
    Darren King

Cruise control is an option that does not come fitted as standard to all models in the range of most cars. But can be fitted to base models for an extra cost. This is why it is important to check what is included in the actual model you propose to buy. In this case it would be a TiVo model 663160.

I have asked this from the others on this thread since August, and I'll ask you also, who made these representations about things the product does not do without paying extra?

If it was a salesperson at the store, then they are either ill-informed or willfully misleading and you should return the product to the store.

All we keep asking for is some proof that TiVo/Hybird have done something misleading which is what all 5 of you claim

Peter.
    Prior to purchasing the Tivo, I spoke with 3 different salespersons (in 2 different stores). Not one salesperson mentioned paying $200 for networking capability. However, in response to my suggesting 160gb was not a lot of storage, one suggested that I could transfer files to a PC.

I didn't research the product on the internet prior to purchase. Fair Trading would not assume that every purchaser would necessarily do this either. Similarly, as well as considering what was said, they would also consider what was not said. It is not simply a matter of "letting the buyer beware"