Hi

I've just hooked up my Tivo after being OS for a couple of years. It was last online and working just over a year ago.

It appears to be functioning normally except that I'm unable to make a daily call.

When I connected and turned the Tivo on yesterday a Service Message advised "TiVo Service Interrupted" and to make a daily call.

I was also unable to connect to it's IP address via a web browser.

I used telnet to put the Tivo into Maintenance Mode and then rebooted it and tried to "Make Daily Call Now". After it wentthrough a few steps (Starting Up, Preparing to call, Housekeeping, Dialing and Connecting..) it says "Failed. Service unavailable".

When I tried to "Test Phone Connection" it passed Preparing and Dialing but on Connecting said the same as above i.e. "Failed. Service Unavailable".

I checked the NetworkingHowTo and ran through the Ifconfig, Route, Ping and Wget tests and confirmed that I had the correct Dial Prefix (,#401).

I am using an Optus Cable Internet service with a Netgear Wireless Cable Voice Gateway (CVG824G) and checked that there are no firewall settings configured. I am able to HTTP, SMTP etc through it with no issues.

Does anyone know if there's something (probably incredibly simple) I'm missing?

Also, I'm using a SD STB that works well but would like to purchase a HD STB that is compatable with the Tivo. I had a DGTEK HD STB previously that I could never get to work with the Tivo but am wondering if anyone knows if there're currently any HD STB's on the market that are compatable.

Thanks
Raffi