Thread: Daily Call Required but not working

Daily Call Required but not working

Hi

I've just hooked up my Tivo after being OS for a couple of years. It was last online and working just over a year ago.

It appears to be functioning normally except that I'm unable to make a daily call.

When I connected and turned the Tivo on yesterday a Service Message advised "TiVo Service Interrupted" and to make a daily call.

I was also unable to connect to it's IP address via a web browser.

I used telnet to put the Tivo into Maintenance Mode and then rebooted it and tried to "Make Daily Call Now". After it wentthrough a few steps (Starting Up, Preparing to call, Housekeeping, Dialing and Connecting..) it says "Failed. Service unavailable".

When I tried to "Test Phone Connection" it passed Preparing and Dialing but on Connecting said the same as above i.e. "Failed. Service Unavailable".

I checked the NetworkingHowTo and ran through the Ifconfig, Route, Ping and Wget tests and confirmed that I had the correct Dial Prefix (,#401).

I am using an Optus Cable Internet service with a Netgear Wireless Cable Voice Gateway (CVG824G) and checked that there are no firewall settings configured. I am able to HTTP, SMTP etc through it with no issues.

Does anyone know if there's something (probably incredibly simple) I'm missing?

Also, I'm using a SD STB that works well but would like to purchase a HD STB that is compatable with the Tivo. I had a DGTEK HD STB previously that I could never get to work with the Tivo but am wondering if anyone knows if there're currently any HD STB's on the market that are compatable.

Thanks
    Raffi

Quote Originally Posted by raffi View Post
    I've just hooked up my Tivo after being OS for a couple of years. It was last online and working just over a year ago. It appears to be functioning normally except that I'm unable to make a daily call.
    That's because the server changed last year. You can either follow the instructions on the oztivo website at http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...nieToOzTivoNet to make the changes or given it has not been used for some time it might be a good opportunity to simply download the latest install CD and reimage the hard disk where all the changes have been done for you.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Ta mate. The downside to only having laptops around is that the reimage option is out until I can borrow a PC I guess.

In the meantime the alternative option looks to be working well.

Tks again