Thread: Suppressing Channel updates

Question Suppressing Channel updates

I have been searching for a post relating to stopping TiVo from updating channels and have had no success, can anyone point me there?

My issue is that dreambox wont allow channel skips so one has to introduce lotsa placeholder channels to make Dreambox match TiVo. This is ok until we try to match channels unique to FreeView which have channel numbers in the 900's! Adding another 800 odd channels would just be too time consuming!

I originally figured let TiVo have its way and leave TVNZ6 and TVNZ7 out of the line up but the content keeps improving so I wanna stop the lineup changes on Tivo and have it hold the mapped channels the way I want.

How have others solved this issue? And can any one point me to the link/post that talked about tricking TiVo into not updating channel lineups?

Thanks and I reckon a S1 TiVo and a DM500 beats MySky and the new Freeview TiVo hands down until sky and freeview start playing together nicely
    Last edited by finethen; 06-05-2009 at 05:02 PM.

I would just increase the server version, so that it thinks the updates are actually older than you have already, so won't update them.

The downside of this is if any new channels are made, then you will not get the update.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Peter

Thats ok I can change back if an update is important.

How does one increase the server version?

If you go into MFS using TWP.

Select Setup>Source>Headend, it should show you your current headend setup.

The top listing should be ServerVersion and what ever the current version number is.

You should be able to use the dbset command to change this.

It would be something like dbset *object* SeverVersion 500

Where *object* would the object number you see on the top of the headend page. It will be a number like 2319/-1, but this varies TiVo to Tivo.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thumbs up

Thanks Peter,

Even tho I been TiVo'ing for a few years now I am still a paint by numbers user and I appreciate and I am sure many others do as well, the explanations and resources that you and other dedicated TiVo heads contribute to the forum.