Thread: oztivo won't change channels of a Pace DS250NF pay-tv box

oztivo won't change channels of a Pace DS250NF pay-tv box

Hi everyone,

Having moved house I am in the process of setting up the oztivo with a newish Foxtel box, a Pace DS250NF.

All gone smoothly except for the IR blaster- errors controlling the pay-tv box. A few issues-

First, no selection in the set up for this box. Currently using the selection for DS420NF, 30055, which partially works. Have not rulled out possible need to capture codes , but hoping to avoid.

Second, in thread at
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1866
    Saturn2001 fixed problem by using a mono plug. Ours is a mono but still not working. It's the one we got with the Tivo series 1 from US. Has a purple jack.

Third, search on the box model shows that a few users have had problems (not oztivo related, though) with Pace boxes including this model because the signal is an IRDA protocol, which seems to be considered rather eccentric.

So the current plan of attack is to try and get hold of a new IR blaster which would be compatible.

Any thoughts? Anyone had a similar issue? Will report back after trip to widget shop. P

Quote Originally Posted by WrightP View Post
    Second, in thread at
    http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1866
    Saturn2001 fixed problem by using a mono plug. Ours is a mono but still not working. It's the one we got with the Tivo series 1 from US. Has a purple jack. So the current plan of attack is to try and get hold of a new IR blaster which would be compatible.
    If you have one with a mono plug then it is already "compatible". The fact that the plastic moulding of the plug had a purple dye put into it when manufactured won't somehow alter the way it transmits the IR signal, and the IR Blaster is functional if it is kind of working at present suggesting code incompatibility rather than faulty hardware. I'm also basing this on that you have also tried using the IR Blaster built into the front panel "eye" of the TiVo rather than the external IR Blaster and getting the same result? Or is there some other reasoning behind you wanting to try a different IR Blaster as I am assuming it previously worked OK for you on another box?
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

The purple is a red herring

Yep, I will keep looking at code incompatablility. I searched again using the model number and got info from here.
    http://www.garysargent.co.uk/tivo/stb.htm
    There is a "special adaptor" required to use Pace 2000 series, but codes 20040 and 20035 are reported to work. I'm currently searching for those codes in OzTivo setup, and they don't appear under Foxtel or Pace.

Would appreciate tips on where to find 20035 to 20045? P.