Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SATA HDD on S1 Tivo

Angry Spif223a-hf022

I had another go at the adaptors I recently bought (see post #6). I modified the boards to be identical to the original working adaptor, shifting some jumpers and a capacitor and fitting the transistor. They still did not work.
    I did notice another difference though, and that was that the chip on the non-working boards is a SPIF233A-HF022 rather than -HL022 on the working board. Unfortunately I can't find any documentation to tell me if there is actually any functional difference between the two versions. It may just be Pb(lead) free vs non.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Are both PCB's marked as the 629A version?
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Both PCBs are marked "RXD-629" on the front and "SPIF223 IDE TO SATA" on the back.

I bought another SATA-IDE adaptor for a FreeNAS box, but I tested it in a TiVo and it works!
    "GK5882 IDE to SATA / SATA to IDE Converter Adapter 2 in 1", Ebay item #280794004780 from seller gogo21shop. Only US$2.72 including shipping!
    The chipset is marked only
    IDE/SATA
    00F

Incidently the SunPlus adaptor I previously couldn't get to work in a TiVo works just fine in my FreeNAS box.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Thanks for the followup.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!