Thread: TiVo generated recordings

TiVo generated recordings

I recently re-imaged from 1.4 to 1.6 because the live video signal had disappeared. It worked fine with 1.6 until I put the cover on, but then after a few minutes the live video went away again. I have been running with the cover off for two weeks. No live video problems.

I do have a couple of problems though:
    1. I get 8 or 10 gratuitous recordings in the "Now Playing" list each day. I do not want them but I can't find a way to stop them. I have tried searching the forums but am probably using the wrong search terms.

2. EndPadPlus is too greedy. It will sometimes skip a recording that starts immediately after another one ends.

I may have made a mistake by running update_oztivo on a NZ machine. Did I? Can I undo it without a re-image? Will it affect either of the problems above?

I can only get time to mess with this on weekends.

Any help/advise appreciated.

Larry

I presume the unwanted recordings are 'suggestions'.
    If so these can be stopped by entering 'Messages & Setup > My Preferences > TiVo's Suggestions

Unwanted recordings

No, unfortunately they are not suggestions. The programs are just recorded without any input from me. There are also lts of suggestions. I never take them either.

I have never seen this behaviour in three years of TiVo use. I reckon it must be an attribute of 1.6 or an artifact of update_oztivo.

We have been using 1.6.2 for a couple of years now, and no one has reported the issues you have. Plenty of NZ'ers use 1.6.2, but do not use the update feature without issues.

Are you sure they are not Season Pass recordings?

Are the shows that have been recorded actually the same as what is shown by the TiVo Title?
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!