Thread: What would it be worth?

What would it be worth?

Hey all.. haven't been on here for a while since I boxed up my Tivo.
    It's been sitting in its box in the wardrobe for probably the last year and a half.

I'm now considering selling it to make some cash to build a HTPC.

It's a series 1 phillips, I think I have two peanut remotes, 40gb hard disk, turbonet nic and a second hard disk bracket, IR blaster (twin head) cable.

How much do you think I could ask for it if I put it up on trademe?

Cheers,
    Zollymonsta

Next to the search box on trademe click on "more options", then you can search recent expired listings. Looks like they have been selling for around $300-350, although with harddrives a bit bigger than your 40GB and in some cases a cachecard, so I'd guess $250-300?

A $1 reserve is always a fun way to sell stuff if you don't know what it is worth

Thanks catdog. Fired it up and all working well. Now listed http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=212456534

I'm interested ....

Hi Zollymonster

Just to let you know I'm interested. Have put a bid on just to throw my hat in the ring. And will follow the action on Trademe. But if you don't have any luck there, let me know too in here. I'm speculatively bidding on behalf of someone at work ... so not sure what they'd go up to. WIll check next week after Easter.

So you know pricewise, I landed a Series 1 Phillips here for just a bit under $200 sans HDD (about $180 or so from memory). That was from George at Eksys (?) in US - so had been checked over and the turbonet card installed.

I assume this is a US model not UK?

Cheers

Mark
    Philips TiVo Series 1, Turbonet, 1 x 250GB, NZ Emulator - Satellite (Sky Digital)

Hi Zolly,

I have also put a bid on... I suspect there will be a flurry of sales soon although I am trying to replace a UK series one that my ex is holding onto ... grrr

Oddly enough the last 2 that I also bid on went to the same guy so someone seems to be buying multiples - wonder if he works for TVNZ?

One worry - your other listings like the AV switch is pickup only. You OK to courier to Auckland?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I am trying to replace a UK series one that my ex is holding onto ..
    Easily fixed. Just nicely ask whoever is running the guide data server to blacklist it's TSN. Then when it makes the call in to pickup guide data it will be denied service.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Oh that is a truly evil thought.

Sadly neither of them were being used to pick up the guide data slices as the local FAT signal did not seem to correlate to the correct frequencies - think it may have been shadows off local hills in the Waitakeres. Could never pick up Prime, C4 was where TV3 should have been etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Hi Zolly,

I have also put a bid on... I suspect there will be a flurry of sales soon although I am trying to replace a UK series one that my ex is holding onto ... grrr

Oddly enough the last 2 that I also bid on went to the same guy so someone seems to be buying multiples - wonder if he works for TVNZ?

One worry - your other listings like the AV switch is pickup only. You OK to courier to Auckland?

Chris
    Oops. I didn't realise the forums weren't emailing me.

The Tivo still isn't sold.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=215282960

Happy to courier it anywhere at buyers cost. The other stuff I'm selling I'm doing as pickup only as I don't have the original packaging. Still got the original box the Tivo came in from the US.

Really trying to get as much as I can for the unit. Have dropped it to $300 now.

Quote Originally Posted by NZMarke View Post
    I assume this is a US model not UK?

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Yes.. a US tivo...