Thread: Green Repair screen that reboot

Green Repair screen that reboot

Hi all

I am have a problem with my TCD663320 unit where it is coming up with a green screen saying it has suffered a serious error and id trying to fix itself and then reboots and the same thing happens again. I have tried unplugging the unit for a couple of days and then restarting and the same thing happens again. I have contacted TIVO support and as I am in WA I have to sent it back by courier and then after that cost 60 bucks and the 100 per hour.
    I have been reading a couple of posts which are similar and they relate to hard drive failure. So could anyone have any experience with this and could provide me with some info on HDD replacement and what I have to to get the TIVO running software.

Cheers

Bernie

visit http://www.mfslive.org/winmfs/ and download winmfs.

If your drive is not totally dead, with this program you can copy your existing drive to a new one.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply Peter, I have downloaded the programs and connected the old drive but it doesn't come up so i think that the drive is stuffed, what can I do now to get the TIVO operating program, do you know if it is available as I have another disk here

Cheers

Bernie

Contact Darren http://www.kingey1971.com/tivo/repairsHD.htm, he should be able to help you out.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!