Thread: SBS/Ch7 in NZ via Sat box?

SBS/Ch7 in NZ via Sat box?

Has anyone made progress with getting SBS/Ch7 programming info into a NZ tivo?

I assume to get the EPG in requires a new headend and it would have to point to the Oz server for the updates, unless we could pull it across and relay it from the NZ server?? which I assume gets gnarly..

Anyone got suggestions on how to make this happen?
    Anyone else interested in getting the channels?

Last edited by Grant; 25-03-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Can you post what you'd need in the headend, ie the channel's and numbers ...
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

There are no issues pulling the xml from our servers, once your headends are setup.

where are you pulling the signal from & and is it unencrypted?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I'm very interested in this as well, is it possible to get SBS and Channel 7 guide data along with the current NZ data?

DJC,

You can grab the XML files here, to use in your slices.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

SBS & Channel 7 data

Hi,

Is there much work involved in creating a postcode that would include the SBS & Channel 7 data along with the current FTA & Sky data?

I have some, but limited development skills but would be more than willing to help out and test wherever possible to achieve this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    DJC,

You can grab the XML files here, to use in your slices.

Peter.
    Thanks Peter; this was done some time ago, probably about the time the xml feeds were made available from oztivo. Since NZ shares a number of common channels, just time shifted; the NZ system gets a good chunk of source data from the OZ xml.
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work