Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tivo HD coming to NZ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tivo HD coming to NZ?

Smile fingers crossed

Great news, thanks for the links. That would imply it is even more likely that we will get TiVoHD in New Zealand. I presume TVNZ has reasonably strong links to FreeviewNZ, esp with regard to technical aspects of broadcasting.

Just last night my wife was complaining that she couldn't watch/record three things at once, so I had to trawl the torrent sites looking for some episodes...c'mon TiVoHD. In the mean time I might need to replace our second TiVo which I recently sold to a friend...pitty NZ$ is so low.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Be nice if TVNZ sell TiVo HD and offer SKY packages as well (similar to Telstra).
    I'm getting SKY HDi tomorrow but I'd prefer an HD TiVo.

No Sky won't be packaged with TiVo - TiVoHD is only capable of receiving terrestrial broadcasts (FreeviewHD), and Sky is only broadcast via satellite.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

SKY is also broadcast via cable by Telstra. Would it be possible for TVNZ to re-transmit SKY via terrestrial?

I got My SKY HDi today, it looks really nice but I miss my TiVo interface which is a million times more intuitive than SKY.

Sky Terrestrial

Possible technically, but unlikely to happen. Not sure how the encryption would work.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

I have heard on the grapevine that TiVo hopes to have units ready for sale sometime this year.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Over the weekend I received a C & D letter from the director of legal affairs at Tivo inc for the domain tivo.co.nz the letter demanded immediate release of the domain to Tivo Inc. The letter stated I have till 17th March to Comply.

However I do NOT own or have any affiliation with tivo.co.nz, a simple Whois lookup will verify this. I have replied to the email with words to that effect, and a paste of the Whois results for tivo.co.nz and have asked them to contact the owner.

Will wait and see...
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Lawyers seem pretty stupid sometimes, but then I remember that they charge their clients for each correspondence they send and respond to.

So quite often they will take the long way round to get results, annoying everyone else in the process.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Talking Woohoo!

www.mytivo.co.nz
    Don't forget to register your interest under the tab "I Want One" and tick the box regarding being a tester!
    I note that tivo.co.nz still hasn't been released by Mr Wager

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2