Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line Up Changes

Line Up Changes

Hi - I'm in Nelson and every couple of weeks I get a message that Tivo has detected a lineup change and it 'unhelpfully' changes the channels that I have assigned so that my VCR channels of 1,2,3 don't match TV1, TV2, TV3 and I have to go into tivoweb to remap them. Is this a feature? Will it keep happening? Is there anything I can do to stop the lineup change?

you can stop the change, but a better solution is to use the 02120 postcode instead

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=912
    02120 NZ VCR Sequential FTA (Channels by numbers for VCR users 1-9)

thanks for reply - I tried to run the 02120 code but tivo reported I didn't have that one - do I need to edit the postcodes file - if so how?

You don't need to worry about the postcodes file just yet - if there is a problem then the clock will be wrong later, but it doesn't stop you from selecting 02120 during guided setup.

I'm not sure what you need to select for that postcode, probably "cable". I guess if that doesn't work "satellite" and if it still doesn't work a clear and delete all? DJC can probably tell you which settings to use here and/or if a C&D All is required.

Hmm...tried cable and it just says something about nothing available in my postcode. Switched back to 02112 for now. Does anyone know why 02120 wouldn't be available to me?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hh75 View Post
    Hmm...tried cable and it just says something about nothing available in my postcode. Switched back to 02112 for now. Does anyone know why 02120 wouldn't be available to me?
    Isn't that the point at which you should select "done trying area codes - sales and marketing program"? I did put a FTA step-by-step guide on nztivo.net but thats down, however I've got a printout at home I can check this evening.

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Hi Yes - you are right - I did the done trying other codes, Sales & Marketing and it spits the dummy when I give it the 02120 code saying that there is nothing in my 'neighbourhood'?!

Hi - I've still not been able to solve this. Please does anyone know why I might not be able to access 02120 zipcode on my NZ image tivo? Catdog - you said earlier that I could 'stop the change' can you tell me how?

02120 postcode

Quote Originally Posted by hh75 View Post
    Hi - I've still not been able to solve this. Please does anyone know why I might not be able to access 02120 zipcode on my NZ image tivo? Catdog - you said earlier that I could 'stop the change' can you tell me how?
    When I went onto the 02120 code, I had to do a clear and delete all before it would recognise the postcode.

Thanks for the reply. When I moved to the new emulator recently I did do a clear & delete all, so I'm not keen to clear and delete everything again. What part of the clear and delete would allow the new postcode - any ideas?