Thread: irSliceCreator does not capture IR codes properly like it used to.

irSliceCreator does not capture IR codes properly like it used to.

I have US Tivo with Cacahecard and for the past 2 weeks I been trying to capture the codes for a new FTA receiver but the irSliceCreator script keeps giving me errors with the PS command and it crashes while converting the codes.

I'm not new at this, back in Feb 2007 I captured codes for 5 different receivers and they all worked flawlessly, but now I can't get this to work, it's very frustrating.

Here is what I tried so far:
    - Downloading and re-installing irSliceCreator.zip and powerIRTools-0.1.zip.
    - Using a different Tivo with "Cleaning and Deleting Everything" option then installing the hacks and above files.
    - Tried with Harmony remote that includes the receiver codes.
    - Tested different IR blasters.
    - Tried capturing with the same remotes from 2007 and they don't work, the TCL file shows different code numbers.
    - As a last resource installed and tried the OZTivo image v1.6 with same negative results.

Any help would be appreciated!

I presume you have considered the environment like the installation of compact flourescent lights (which flicker at about 22kHz)?

TiVo Series3 TiVoHD x2

Quote Originally Posted by Skolink View Post
    I presume you have considered the environment like the installation of compact flourescent lights (which flicker at about 22kHz)?
    Yes I have, even tried capturing with a dark piece of cloth covering the remote and Tivo IR eye, but no cigar.
    Could a Tivo service update be making all these problems or the code for the script needs to be upgraded/revised?

I had a similar experience recently capturing IR codes for the common zinwell/dse New Zealand digital terrestrial STB's.

In the end I went back to the pre-IrSliceCreator manual method which worked for me.

Detailed on the wiki http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...gCodesWithTivo
    1 x Philips TiVo Series 1, Cachecard, 1 x 1TB SATA (with recent TradeMe sourced adaptor), Mk II Pal Tuner Mod, NZ Emulator, Previously Dual A/V Source, Now Pay Satellite
    2 x TiVo HD, Freeview, HNP, 2TB (WD-AV) jmfs upgraded
    1 x Thomson UK TiVo, Cachecard, 200GB, Testing Work

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    I had a similar experience recently capturing IR codes for the common zinwell/dse New Zealand digital terrestrial STB's.

In the end I went back to the pre-IrSliceCreator manual method which worked for me.

Detailed on the wiki http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...gCodesWithTivo
    I may give that a try, but it seems like a lot of hard work.

Any how I tried with the JP1 method and I'm getting some very good results, still some glitches like skipping the last digit and changing to wrong channel, but it could be blamed on the FTA receiver itself.