Thread: Remote Control Vs TV Issue

Remote Control Vs TV Issue

Hi all, I am new to the forum, and new to TiVo. So far I am very impressed with it, with only a minor hitch to the installation, and I was wondering if anyone could help.

My Soniq QSL320T TV is not listed in the Brands that TiVo offers to sync with in order to control the power, mute and volume on the TiVo remote.

I called Sonic and asked them what equivalent brands they also manufacter, in the hopes that one of the brands may be listed. None of the other brands worked when I tried to sync with them either. They told me that the code I need is created by TiVo and not them.

So, if Soniq is not listed by TiVo in the given choices, and the option also offered on their website to do the generic code search does not work, does that mean that I simply cannot sync my TV with my TiVo remote?

Hi, welcome to this forum, which TiVo do you have?

The standard remote is not programmable, so the only the brands loaded when it was manufactured are supported. Soniq is a brand made solely for JB Hi-Fi, so not is not well supported by many of the multi brand remotes.

The only option if you really need one remote to do all, is to buy a programmable remote which can learn from your original TV remote.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi Peter, I have the latest TiVo, Series 3 I think, I bought it last week. I do also have a universal remote which does control my TV. However I was hoping to control the TV with the available options on my TiVo remote, otherwise I am still having to use 2 remotes to watch TV. That doesn't seem possible however, as none of the codes I have tried will work.

No, you do not seem to be able to use the standard TiVo remote to control your Soniq TV.

But since you have a programmable remote, why not program the TiVo codes into it and use that for both?

Also TiVo do sell a programmable version of their remote, just unfortunately not here in Australia.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I have moved this thread to the Australian TiVo HD section, as it may not be the same (but likely is) for OzTiVo Series 1 remote units.

Peter.