Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CONFIDENTIAL TV shows?

CONFIDENTIAL TV shows?

Anyone else noticing a number of guide entries showing CONFIDENTIAL ?
    Seems to be effecting TV2, and movies... examples - tonight (Sunday) 7pm, 8:40pm, and tomorrow (Monday) 8:30pm.

Hopefully not something that will continue - a passing glitch maybe?

I'm on Saturn Digital if that makes any difference...

Cheers
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

Same on Saturn Analogue. I remember this happened in the past and seemed to come right.

Or it might be a gentle hint that we should all be contributing to the programming?

I'm sort of surprised it's not a totally automated feed that's been hacked from other providers (given the technical expertise of the people behind OzTiVo), but trying to find out how to help in the past, I found it very difficult to see what I was supposed to do.

If it was easy to find out where to go and what to do, I'd be happy to add my tuppence worth. Eg access to a simple list of what hasn't yet been updated for the coming week or two, and I'd spend half an hour a week on it with my trusty Listener in front of me.

David
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 750Gb, Turbonet, Topfield Freeview satellite Tuner
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Wireless, CoShip Freeview satellite tuner

Just to clarify David's comments re OzTiVo, The NZ images are based on OzTiVo images, but the emulator and guides for NZ (NZTiVo) are totally separate from OzTiVo, run on different servers and are setup very differently. No one from OzTiVo looks after NZTiVo server or guides.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Yes, Pete, I did understand that.

But what we need to know is Who Looks after NZTiVo?, What help do they need?, and How can we provide that help?

David

Yes - I know past comments have involved a requirement for some solid programming skills (which I sadly lack and am unlikely to learn too easily) but if there's some less brain-intensive work that needs doing then I'm in.
    US Philips HDR212 Series 1 Tivo, Cachecard with 512MB RAM, 320GB hard disk, OzTivo Image 1.6.2-20061109. Tivo rocks!
    New Zealand

I don't know who is doing what in NZ these days, but try Pm'ing jaidev, Wibble or DJC. To see what you can do to help.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Hi at last count probably only 3 or 4 so of us, DJC a lot of the guide work which is complete and just keeping things running, myself after very very early days guide work and hacking, ensuring things keep running try to help DJC out but lately things have been running themselves. Wibble providing the hosting, emu setup, storage etc. and Thomson a lot of dev work esp with tivoweb , I/we are grateful to these guys for the work put into nztivo thus far.

We have asked for help many times and lots more requests on the mailing list, but sadly no response.
    Every now and again we get interest and questions about helping out when the guide screws up cause it is affecting peoples Tivo functionality, however once we fix this up no further interest.

If anyone is still interested in helping then PM us, Although we still require someone with time and mysql + php skills for web development for the guide data augmenting. After that is built then volunteers to augment data.
    We do have skills in these areas ourselves which is why we have guide data, however no time to devote for further development.

I now have MySky HDi and Freeview HD cause I need/want to take advantage of my home theater's capabilities sadly this means I only run a single Tivo now in the bedroom. The rest are dev or spare. As on the main TV the image is mediocre and no amount of hacking will fix that with the Series 1 units.
    However we have to move with the times, its unfortunate that there were no TiVo HD plans for NZ. But considering our market understandable.
    Last edited by jaidev; 13-02-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGadget View Post
    Anyone else noticing a number of guide entries showing CONFIDENTIAL ?
    Seems to be effecting TV2, and movies... examples - tonight (Sunday) 7pm, 8:40pm, and tomorrow (Monday) 8:30pm.

Hopefully not something that will continue - a passing glitch maybe?

Cheers
    Could be the provider meddling with the EPG will try find out.
    TiVo Series 1 Thompson PVR10UK Unit, Dual 250Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, NZ Emulator Port 8000
    TiVo Series 1 Sony SVR2000 unit, Dual 300Gb, 512Mb Cachecard, Philips FTA Tuner, NZ Emulator Port 80
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, Dual 160Gb, Turbonet, FTA Tuner, Private Emulator
    TiVo Series 1 Philips unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Dev Emulator, Development Unit...
    DTiVo Series 1 Philips DSR6000 unit, 120Gb, Turbonet, Work in progress...

Jaidev

Thanks for pointing out those links. I've read those threads before and they seem to be asking for help with development. As I don't have web skills, I can't help there. I think that's probably true of many others including MrGadget (below).

Where I could help would be with checking the data and updating it. But the last time I managed to find a way which allowed that, it was presented in such a mass format as to make it almost impossible to see what needed doing.

Is this still the case?

David