Thread: Problem with audio Sync and tivo unresponsiveness.

Problem with audio Sync and tivo unresponsiveness.

Hi All,

In the last little while my Tivo has started playing up after a couple of years of (relatively) trouble free viewing.

The first problem I have seen is that the Audio is not synced with the video properly - this is not a minor problem - they are a long way out and its pretty annoying.

The other issue I have is that the Tivo seems to randomly stop responding to the remote commands. Sometimes it will go for ages without this happening - other times it will only last a few days before it needs a restart.

Pulling the plug or doing a shutdown seems to sort it out temporarily but eventually it comes back.

I guess my best option is probably to reimage the drive and start from scratch but Im loath to lose some of my recordings. I dont care enough about them to store them on my PC or burn to DVD (this process is so slow and painful!) but it will be a pain if I lose them.

Has anyone got any ideas short of reimaging on how I can resolve these issues.

Thanks in advance,

Brendon.

If you have had a "couple of years" on the same hard drive then the problem of sync issues is most likely going to be the hard drive is starting to fail. 24 months is a long time for a hard disk that is in constant use.

As for the unresponsiveness of the remote this is something known as the "event switcher bug" and there is lots of threads on this subject if you do a search, or you can also look at this page: http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...orLockedRemote
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

I agree with Darren, a temporary fix for the Audio sync can be simple as just pushing the pause button then pressing play again. This will usually get it back in sync (assuming the source is not the issue).

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!