Thread: IR just wont bloody work!

IR just wont bloody work!

Hi Guys,

Newbie to OzTivo and I'm so close to having he all set up it's getting a little frustrating...

Basically I purchased the OzTivo from my boss, who was a very early adopter. It's a UK tivo in a Thompson case.

First thing I did was upgrade the software on the Tivo and get the networking done. That's all fine, it connects, downloads etc no problem at all...

The only problem I'm having is getting the IR to work with my STB.

I initially attempted to follow the ./irSliceCreator process and failed (maybe on guessing the frequency).. Then I realized I could just use the IR database.

Both the STB's I have where there (tevion 8200,high def, and teac, std def), so followed the process to update them. no error messages so fingers crossed. Nothing - on both.

I then attempted to determine if the external IR was working and using my phone as a camera last night it's emitting a signal no problems...

So I'm at then end of what I've been able to try and am looking for some help/ideas

Cheers

Shayne

Have you rebooted since changing the box number?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

yeah rebooted a number of times... I've attempted the IR updates on numerous occasions rebooting each time.

Did you use the dbset method for choosing the STB? Have you checked that the correct box is set?

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

At first I tried the

http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...IrSliceCreator

but couldn't get past the stage where is was looking to capture each key.

Then I followed this process...

http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...FromIRDatabase

Following the process for each of my STB units (neither worked).

When I ran this process I did check the system setup and it didn't look like anything had changed.

Ok, there are easier ways to do it manually.

But since you are new it would probably be best just to run the guided setup again, and choose the correct box from the list.

Peter.

I'll give it another run.. I have attempted this also before, but I'll try again and report back.

I am away for the next week, but hopefully someone else can get you going if you still have troubles.

Peter.