Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thomson Tivo in Australia?

1. A Known issue when running these TiVo's in PAL.

2. Yes, and there are tools to do this.

3. I know you can stream, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to transfer as long as the xbox can do ftp transfers and you are running mfs_ftp on the TiVo.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks Peter!
    Last edited by econzune; 12-11-2008 at 02:19 PM.

[QUOTE=petestrash;13980]1. A Known issue when running these TiVo's in PAL.

Can I do anything about this menu freezing up? Can I configure the Tivo to be not PAL? I telnetted, then palmod_config, but it said changes would not be saved.

My Tivo runs fine for ~3 days, then I cannot enter the settings menu. Sometimes I even loose the sound on live TV. I always have to redo guided setup which is kind of annoying.

Thanks for your help!

I don't really understand what you are saying.

Why do you need to go into the recorder setup menu?

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Yes, more information on what you are doing when the freeze happens, and why you need to do it.

I have 3 UK TiVos set up with Set-top box inputs, and they all run for months and months and months without any hiccups at all. There must be something you are doing differently (are you using the internal tuner instead of a set-top box?).

Thanks for replying. So here is my problem: If I go to Tivo Central, then New Tivo Messages & Setup, then Recorder & Phone Setup (yielding the "Message and Setup screen"), nothing happens. The screen gets again to the Message and Setup screen.
    The reason for going there was for example to induce a manual update of the TV data or do change the remote control setting or to change the channel setup (I have been owning this Tivo for a few weeks only, so there is still a need to play with the setup).
    Unfortunately, I cannot access the setup menu. The only way to do so is to reset the Tivo (redo the guided setup).
    Any ideas?
    Thank you!

The freeze happens when
    - I search for shows by title and reach W or X (when I reach the end)
    - when I approach the end of the TV guide data flipping through the Live TV guide

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by econzune View Post
    Unfortunately, I cannot access the setup menu. The only way to do so is to reset the Tivo (redo the guided setup).
    Any ideas?
    http://www.oztivo.net/twiki/bin/view...edoGuidedSetup

Note the TEXT IN CAPITALS in the third paragraph.

The reason for going there was for example to induce a manual update of the TV data
    You should not need to do this. The TiVo will do it about once every 24 hours provided you have it connected on your network. If however you DO need to do it you should be doing it via TiVoWEB as there is a manual data download option in there. Again, you should not need to be invoking a manual download under normal circumstances.

or do change the remote control setting
    You only need to do this once every time you set up a new STB.

or to change the channel setup
    You only need to do this once every time you move to a new city

(I have been owning this Tivo for a few weeks only, so there is still a need to play with the setup).
    Unless you have changed location or changed STB actually there is no need to play with the setup once it has been done once, or maybe the need to do it twice if you happen to make a mistake.
    Last edited by Darren King; 24-11-2008 at 10:09 PM.
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!

Smile

Thanks Darren!

1. I understand that the setup is done only 'once', I simply had a need to remove a channel or two after my initial setup (e.g. I had two "Ten", two "Seven", etc.). When I tried to make those changes I could not get into the menu.

2. Thanks for the link that I will tackle after work.

3. Thanks for letting me know that TV guide call is done automatically. I will monitor that. My Tivo is connected to a network but i had the feeling it did not update. I hope that is not the case.

4. I did access Tivoweb once. Then, a week later, I tried again after having setup the movie extraction stuff. I could not get on my Tivo by typing http://192.168.1.xxx (where xxx is the actual address of my Tivo). Did I do something wrong?

Thanks again! It feels like I could spend the rest of my life hacking a Tivo.

1. I understand that the setup is done only 'once', I simply had a need to remove a channel or two after my initial setup (e.g. I had two "Ten", two "Seven", etc.). When I tried to make those changes I could not get into the menu.
    You can add or delete channels from a menu called "channels you receive" which is NOT in the menu that you cannot access (I forget exactly where it is and not near a TiVo at present, sorry). You do not need to redo guided setup for this.

3. Thanks for letting me know that TV guide call is done automatically. I will monitor that. My Tivo is connected to a network but i had the feeling it did not update. I hope that is not the case.
    It will. Sometimes the duration between updates is as long as 48 hours. But if you can do a Guided Setup call then the daily guide data call should work without issues too. Again, you can check that via TiVoWEB under the "phone" tab. This leads me to......

4. I did access Tivoweb once. Then, a week later, I tried again after having setup the movie extraction stuff. I could not get on my Tivo by typing http://192.168.1.xxx (where xxx is the actual address of my Tivo). Did I do something wrong?
    So long as you are using the correct IP address it may be something known as a "crashcount" issue. This has been covered many times and one of the relevant forum threads is here: http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1346

Read post #8 in that thread (my second reply)
    Darren King
    OzTiVo Repairs and Modifications
    If your TiVo requires repairs or modifications
    then visit: http://kingey1971.wix.com/tivorepairs

NOW ALSO REPAIRING FETCH TOO!