Thread: Learned codes rebooting OzTivo

Learned codes rebooting OzTivo

Hi,

I've recently been (cough) upgraded (cough) to a Flinders, which I know is causing everyone fun with IR codes. As I wanted to play along, I captured a set of working codes using my Palm (works fine from OmniRemote) as I saw others had tried with various learning remotes. Converted the codes using the website listed in the IRCodes wiki, and uploaded the file into the database.

However, when I try and test the new codes, or setting the box to use the codes using dbset, the TiVo reboots as soon as it tries to send a code. If I've used dbset, I get just enough time to configure to another code before the reboot, if I do it through the setup screens, it reboots as soon as I try and use the uploaded code (no matter if the code is set to 29997, or 30016, the two I've tried). This also happens with any of the code sets listed here already in the couple of Flinders relevant topics.

So, looking for clues as to this behaviour, as it's making it hard to test out the codes I've captured. I'm also more than willing to add the codes I've caught to here for comparison (I do recall I had to try various frequencies to get it to work on the Palm, but I don't have the final frequency to hand right now, will add it on to this topic tomorrow).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Two control files generated from website, one with rounding up, one with rounding down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Final info update

Learning frequency was 56000

Original capture hex file (from Omniremote) attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

have a look at the bottom of this wiki. Use the information from "Another method of testing your codes" to test your code individually to see if they cause the same result.

Peter
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply - what I get from the testing is a message about being too fast for the serial port?

Have also done a capture using the TiVo, but the file it produces looks nothing like the samples (all the numbers are a lot smaller).

Working now on playing with the capture frequency on OmniRemote.

I just tried it with my own code, and it works.

Grab a copy of a good code from the database and test that you get no error to make sure irtest is working ok.

Ps did you run the /tvbin/switcherstart -k command to kill the switcher first.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!