Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant change to ABC2

Cant change to ABC2

HI Guys,

Having trouble getting TiVo to change set top box to Abc2. If I select 22 on the TiVo remote, displays 22 on screen then set top box changes to channel 2 (i.e. abc1). TiVo will change to 2, 21 etc... not 22.

Any ideas? Seems like has the right IR code for button 2, but STB not recognising it's been pressed twice.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thx.

My Bad

Ooops - my bad. I've found another thread with some things to try on this (i.e. setting the tunerdigitdelay etc...

Sorry!

Also just confirm the STB has channel 22 in the right place. Some boxes do not have LCN enabled by default so numbering may be off.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Thx Pete. Channel seems to be in right order. Played with the timings and still wont seem to select 22 (Grrrr!!!!)!

Have played with the timings as suggested here:

http://forums.oztivo.net/showthread.php?t=1954

Wondering if there's anything else I can try?

Does 33 work for SBS-News?

What values were you trying in the timings and which variable did you test.

You could try using TiVoWebPlus System > Channelmap > ABC2 and change the channel to 222 or 2222 and see what that does.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

Same prob with 33 unfortunately.

Tried playing with TunerDigitDelay with values around 500 to 800 (seemed that with the STB remote had the same problem if I pressed 2 too quickly - something just less than a second worked - but have been driving myself nuts trying to find a value that worked).

Not sure how sensitive it should be to the timing - anyway will keep trying (plus try the 222 suggestion.

Thx Peter

Try 1000 (1 sec) or higher.

Peter.

Ok - have tried a few values between 1000 and 2000 but no dice. If I use the STB remote - seems like anywhere between 1 and 2 seconds should be fine.

Don't know what's happening there - could it have something to do with the length of time each IR signal is broadcast ?

The other other option I can think of is to change the channel num in the STB to something else then remap on tivo...Not sure.

Any suggestions welcome
    Last edited by ScottyM; 17-10-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Ok.... problem solved by turning off LCN in set top box, rearranging the channels a bit and then remapping on TiVo so now dont have any channels which have a double digit channel number with the same digit (22, 33, 44) and it works! Bit of a pain, but hey - as long as TiVo can change channels & get guide data it should be happy.

Thanks again for the help

Did you try the 222 or 2222 option.

Peter.