Thread: Forums Usage

Forums Usage

G'day people,

In light of people asking for help in their own town, and the "Newbie Forums" starting to get a little more usage that I realised, I have created this forum to hopefully make sure that your request do not go swamped and missing. I have moved original requests over from the forum already, but will not be doing so if you keep posting there from here on in.

As this is a request/reply only forum, Posts made here will not count towards your total posts and you cannot use image tags or do thread voting, but you can still post and use the smilies provided.

Cheers
    Ex Tivo Owner.
    Philips Tivo
    Version 1.3 Emulator Image from Minnie
    200Gig Western Digital HDD
    No Turbonet or Cachecard
    Slices: Cable Digital FTA

2. ok, i'm not sure if this is off topic, or if i shouldn't be asking this or not. (maybe this is the wrong thread?)

what i'd like to do, if possible is use oztivo in the us and run my own local service emulator. i don't know if this is possible or not, and i also wasn't sure if anyone would be willing to give me any help or maybe point me in the right direction. basically, i purchased a tivo off of ebay, because i was told by salespeople while looking at tivos in stores, that i don't need the service, and can just use it as a normal pvr. well, i've come to find out that this isn't the case. i don't want to steal tivo service or any of that, i just want to be able to record my shows, and being a student, i can't really justify paying a subscription fee for things i don't really need. any help any of you can give me would be greatly appreciated, and if i shouldn't have asked this or posted here, i apologize and please don't flame. a simple "we can't help you" or hopefully "this is what you need to do" will be sufficient. thanks you in advance.

I'm sorry, we won't help anyone setup an emulator who is in an area where TiVo service can be paid for.

You don't mention which TiVo you bought on eBay, if it's a series 1 then you can use it as a dumb VCR. just set it up like the instructions tell you and it will call TiVo and setup your system (you don't need an account for this). Once setup you can use it as a VCR. I suggest you search the posts on www.Dealdatabase.com

If you bought a Series 2 or later TiVo then things get difficult.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

4. Thanks for the guide lines and favor for us!