Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily call failing since moving ISP's to Optus

Ok, so it's not an ISP proxy issue. Your TiVo cannot connect to the Internet.

This is probably an issue in your router or firewall.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

That's what I was afraid of. Which doesn't seem to make sense because I am accessing the internet though my wireless apple airport extreme and I can both telnet and tivoweb my tivo's through the same router.

Could the problem be the new optus modem which is the only new piece of hardware? How would I check? Should I call optus?

Yes anything internal seems to work, but not external.

Did your routers address change when you got the new modem? maybe your gateway IP needs to be changed.

Peter.
    Please search this forum and our Website for your TiVo questions before starting a new thread. Thanks!

I pretty sure all of the IP addresses are right but i did have trouble at first because some were in the format 10.0.x.x or 10.1.x.x or 192.168.x.x.

I think I'm going to reinstall the modems and routers again and see how that goes.

Thanks for the help

Are you using DHCP for your TiVo, or did you set a fixed IP address?

Peter.

They both have fixed IP addresses

Ok, then your gateway address may need to be changed in oztivo.conf as it sounds like it may have changed with your new router.

You need to change:
    gateway=192.168.0.1

To whatever your new routers IP is. Or just change your routers IP to 192.168.0.1.

Peter.

The gateway IP address is correct, so to is the IP subnet mask.

I did notice that when I just went in to my router's webpage in the LAN IP setup page there is an option for RIP (Routing Information Protocol) direction which is set to none. Below is the small description which is given for this...

RIP Direction: RIP (Routing Information Protocol, RFC1058 and RFC1389) allows a Router to exchange routing information with other Routers. The RIP Direction selection controls how the Router sends and receives RIP packets. Both is the default.
    When set to Both or Out Only, the Router will broadcast its routing table periodically.
    When set to Both or In Only, it will incorporate the RIP information that it receives.
    When set to None, it will not send any RIP packets and will ignore any RIP packets received.
    RIP Version: This controls the format and the broadcasting method of the RIP packets that the Router sends. (It recognizes both formats when receiving.) By default, this is set for RIP-1.
    RIP-1 is universally supported. RIP-1 is probably adequate for most networks, unless you have an unusual network setup.
    RIP-2 carries more information. Both RIP-2B and RIP-2M send the routing data in RIP-2 format.
    RIP-2B uses subnet broadcasting.
    RIP-2M uses multicasting. (See note below.)

Should I change the RIP Direction to both? or should this be ignored?

RIP should not have anything to do with TiVo, unless you are running it though 2 routers. What are the physical connections from your TiVo to the phone line?

Can you confirm that your current router's address is 192.168.0.1 and also post the results from your TiVo for:
    traceroute 65.49.60.197

Also when you tested ping before, you tested pinging the unit you were testing from. Try pinging the other TiVo and see if it works on your internal network at least.

Everything still seems to point to an issue using the new router. Does it have a firewall, that you may need to open to your TiVo's addresses?

Peter.

My network involves the new optus netgear modem wireless router which is connected via Ethernet to my apple airport extreme base station. I've tried bypassing my airport extreme and connecting my tivos directly to the new modem/wireless router. The tivo we have recently been discussing with the ip address 192.168.0.5 connects to my network via a d-link dwl-810+ Ethernet to wireless bridge. My other TiVo with the ip address 192.168.0.197 is wired.

I can confirm that my optus router has the ip 192.168.0.10 and my airport extreme has 192.168.0.3